Contractor/Architect for Studio Condo Kitchen Remodel

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by pjsouth, Mar 19, 2007.

1. pjsouth

pjsouth Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife and I just bought a small studio unit in the Cancun hotel zone. It has a small L shaped kitchenette in the corner. We are looking for someone trust-worthy and reasonably priced to remodel the kitchen for us. We want it to be very nice, granite countertops, new solid wood cabinets, new appliances, etc...

1. Does anyone have a recomendation and contact information for someone who fits this criteria?

2. How do prices for work like this compare to US medium to large city prices (I live in Baltimore).

Thanks for your help!

2. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you speak Spanish? I have someone I use for both personal residential as well as professional office work but he doesn't speak English.

3. pjsouth

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm way out of practice on my Spanish, so probably couldn't handle very much of a business related conversation these days. I have some people I know who live in Cancun and could translate for me though...

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just PM'd you the contact info for someone who speaks English decently well and is talented. I don't know that he takes small jobs but you can ask.

5. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I suggest Fernando Almeida

6. pjsouth

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your responses and PMs. How do prices on materials and labor for these types of jobs compare to US prices?

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Labor is obviously cheaper, but less qualified often (and often they will swipe your tools). Raw materials might be cheaper, but things like pre-made cabinets will be more money. We re-did our kitchen with custom cabinets for $2k usd, but my husband is an architect and designed and contracted everything himself, laid his own tile and bought all the materials himself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice