Considering Desire End Of October...

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Mark and Staci, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Which one do you prefer? We've never been, and would like to get some opinions. Been to TTR MANY times but feel its time to try other things.

Desire RM, or Desire Pearl?

2. SandDcouple

SandDcouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +685 / 0
    Personally we’ve only tried RM so far. We love it over TTR and the only reason we split our trips now is bc we also still enjoy the Boobs Cruise and we feel it’s just too difficult to take a shuttle back to Desire after the cruise. We go 10/9-10-16 this year. Maybe next year we will try Pearl. Just our two cents.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    We've been to TTR 6 times, and are considering a split trip with Desire RM this year in October. I've received some pretty detailed comparisons of the two, and I think RM is the place to go.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Al and Kim

Al and Kim Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 4
    I would recommend Pearl. Rooms are nicer. Hot tub and pool are bigger. We also like it because it is a smaller resort. You really get to know the people there.
    Can’t go wrong with either choice.

5. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Just finished a split trip between DRM then TTR. Went to TTR after DRM to relax (yeah ... that didn't work as planned). Never been to Pearl, but often hear that it is nicer/newer but shuts down much earlier, That probably depends on the crowd. DRM is a good mix of party and relax, depends on what you are looking for.

The mood is more chill at DRM than TTR during early part of the day, then switches to the hot tub. The party at night goes later at DRM. DRM is definitely more sensual than TTR (couples only and no cameras).

The rooms at DRM are a crapshoot. Not all the same size or configuration. Depends on what building, etc. Some Deluxe rooms are spacious than others. I was expecting worse when we first went to DRM, but was pleasantly surprised by the quality. The Superior room upgrade is defiantly worth it, just for the space.

The roof jacuzzi at DRM could be bigger, but it's nice enough. Looking forward to the remodel at DRM starting this year.

Feel free to message with any questions. Just depends on what you are looking for. We were/are TTR addicts , then fell in love with DRM, so now we are torn on where to spend our time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. CH & HH

CH & HH Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 0
    23rd Trip to TTR coming up, but now we usually do split trips. More often to Pearl than RM, mostly do to the rooms and the hot tub. Crowds vary with each trip so some trips are more 'relaxed' than others at either place. Hitting up Pearl for Halloween this year... ;)

7. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Thanks for all of the info. Looks like we will have to wait. Both are sold out the week we wanted to go. Now we are considering Breathless as an alternative.

8. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    In our experience for Desire you need to book at least 6 months out to get the dates you want! We booked last November for this coming November and even then we couldn't get the full duration of stay we wanted. Definitely requires pre-planning!

9. SandDcouple

SandDcouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +685 / 0
    That’s another reason we split our trip. Seems hard to get a weekend at Desire so we usually do week days and spend weekend at TTR. Sorry guys.

10. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    For those that have booked on the directly with the hotel, what website did you use. I get about three different ones to come up during a search. They are all sold out on third party sites, but have 3-4 day stretches available on one of the Desire sites. I'm just not sure if that's the real one or not, and if you can use it to book? Looks like we'll have to do a split trip with TTR to get our 6 night in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice