Congrats 212eric!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by carrie77, Jun 1, 2008.

1. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice job Eric.

You are a singer songwriter??? Enquiring minds would like to know more of this.......

Are you in a band, do you play an instrument?????

3. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you so much Carrie77 for giving me the heads up on this. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't've known about it.

Gonzo, I was in a band known as Turbulence, where I played bass and sang lead. The group was based here in New York City and we played as far away as Cancun. We do not play live on a regular basis however I do keep recording and occasionally perform under the same name with various musicians, thanks for asking.

212eric

4. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Way too cool Eric. I just bought an electric guitar about 4 months ago (mid life crisis, nor does Clapton doesnt need to sweat it, LOL) and am trying to learn by ear. Lessons soon. I would have loved to be in a band. I do get to sing Green River" by CCR with a local band here in Red Wing when they play. They are called "The Back Channel Blues Band". Here is a video of them on you tube. They warmed up for the Guess Who for our towns sesquicentennial. They didnt let me sing that night. :(

I also got to sing "Who Do You Love" with a band out in Montana.

What did your band play?

5. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're welcome! I'm happy I posted the link for ya! That is HUGE for you... all your work is paying off.

I'm subscribed to Cancun news via Yahoo; they send me an email every day with any news including the keyword Cancun. The downside is that means for instance if there's a restaurant in Des Moines, Iowa called Cancun, any news at that place is included in the email. The upside is news from the actual city we love is included.... that's how I came across the article.

6. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    as I said at TA. WTG Eric!! We are all very proud of you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice