Confused about the cost of living

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by coby, Feb 13, 2009.

1. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    While living in a village, I had no choice but to sleep in a hammock (no beds anywhere), but in Cancun I always had a bed and a hammock. Would switch back and forth.

Some hammocks are definitely priced at more than $40, and worth that as well. The hammock we currently have cost about $70 USD because my husband chose the colors and had it made to order. Of course, it is beautiful and the highest quality.

While most Mayan villages have their hammock makers, Ek Balam is known for the quality of the hammocks made.

2. roxydiotte

roxydiotte Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my hammock is of great quality.....it is huge (familial) with a very tight weave......I highly recommend meridahammocks.com

about the laptops........can you not bring your laptop from home (US or Canada) ?

3. coby

coby Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, a hammock isn't my ideal permanent sleeping configuration -- but it seems like the nice occasional retreat :)

4. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also learned out of necessity (unbearable heat and no AC) to sleep in a hammock when I first arrived in CAncun 22 years ago and lived in a palapa. I sleep better to this day in a hammock than in a bed. Chronic back problems disappear when I sleep in one. I have 2 at the ranch and just bought another one from the girl who cleans my ranchito house. She makes them by hand.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice