Confession time: The REAL reason I left the UK

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Sep 5, 2008.

1. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dude I am with you, Tacos on the corner, gordillas (Spelling?). The only thing I dont like here is the "Pork chops) they are treated with to much salt.
    Again I will say Mcdonalds and Burger King, "Ain't no way you find me there, now Pizza Hut, Si Claro)

2. YamYamMan

YamYamMan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Steve didn't you know Rain is the new Sun in the UK at the moment..... Lovely stuff really getting used to it now :shock: Sun is over rated anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now you two quit talking about all that good food!!!! :lol:

4. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dude you are so correct, if youlive in Germany you Knocorewirst (Spelling ?) If you live in Philly you eat at "Cheesesteak"
    Chicago or NYC Pie (Pizza for you from the West Coast)
    You need to adapt not only your additude but your body.
    Now in difence of Rivergirl, I frickn' had diarreha for the first year here and it was miserable, but I finally adjusted. :cool:

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ - I don't like the same foods you like. I barely eat meat and have not eaten beef with any regularity since I was 14. Chain restaurants don't interest me, it's not just the food, it's also that they are generic and I find the whole experience tedious. I love great restaurants and in my humble opinion Cancun has very, very few restaurants worth eating in.

Now you've called me crazy twice, thanks. Do I get to start calling you a dirty, sleazy, old man now?

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, RG, call me what you want. It's your turn to pick on me now. But "a dirty, sleazy, old man" is a stretch, even for me. But crazy for you may not be. Je Je.

On a more serious note, thanks for your Profeco suggestion. I threw the P word and it got something done. Thanks.

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ - OK, maybe you aren't dirty, I've never noticed that you actually smelled.

8. shelleyb

shelleyb Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anybody living out there and teaching? I'm an English teacher in the UK and keep thinking about getting out of here and working abroad. I love Cancun but not sure how it would be working out there??? Any advice welcome x

9. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Geeze Rivergirl

Geeze Rivergirl.

For not liking Cancun resaurants you sure have quite a list in the Restaurants We Like thread. :roll:

Jimmy

After a couple of months searching, I finally found a decent deal out of Denver. $722 PP from Expedia and Cheap Tickets. Non stop United and
    9 nights at the Westin. Nov. 17-26. My big 5 oh the 25th. I'll be printing out the restaurant thred for reference. :partytime:

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    JimmyDarlink - I lived in Boulder for 13 years and have a list of more than 30 eateries I like in Den and Bldr.

Been in Cancun 5 yeara and the list sticks at about 7 or 8 places. Should be much larger considering the population of Cancun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice