Concierge "breakfast tour"

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by gutch, Dec 29, 2008.

1. gutch

gutch Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When you check in and you say "No" to the tour do they still continue to pester you? We are not interested in wasting even a second of our vacation listening to any timeshare spiel. Does "No" mean "No", with a thanks attached of course :)

One other question - where do we go to make our reservations for the a'la cartes? We definitely want to try each of them, as one of the reasons we chose Temptations was the reviews on the restaurants. I am really hoping to be able to book for more than one night at a time. Again, I don't want to waste valuable vacation time, but who does.

Thanks for your input.

[​IMG]

2. hcube

hcube Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    reservations

We were there last week. reservations were being taken at the Tex-Mex restaurant at 10. You could book more than one restaurant for your stay but you could not book two nights in a row. hcube

3. gutch

gutch Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi hcube,

I'm confused! Do you mean you couldn't book the same restaurant two nights in a row or do you mean you could book for something like Monday, Wednesday and Friday but not Monday and Tuesday? Just wondering.
    Thanks!

4. hcube

hcube Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    At that time you could not book anything two nights in a row. In other words you could not eat at a specialty restaurant two night in a row. hcube

5. mikeandlaurie

mikeandlaurie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the tip

Thanks for the info on booking a restaurant we havent been there in a few years so I wasnt sure if anything had changed. This will be our third visit and we have never been approached about the time share thing?? At the check in we tell them we are repeaters and end up with a black bracelet. That may be different now too. We'll see on the 30th.

6. oilman799

oilman799 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: thanks for the tip

Does anyone know if this "black bracelet" for repeaters is still going on?
    I know on my first trip to TTR last Feb there were a few different bands around?

7. Empyrean

Empyrean Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I only noticed red or gold bracelets during our week there.

Also premeire members book their reservations at the premiere lounge not at Margaritas. There are apparently a certain number of tables reserved for premiere members and a certain number for non members.

We also found from others that if you walked up to the restaurant and they had openings from guests who did not show they would seat you - but we did not try so we cannot say for certain.

8. JenandTodd

JenandTodd Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    Re: thanks for the tip

No black bracelets anymore for repeaters. It's gold for premier and red for everyone else. There might have been a different colour for RCI as well.

I believe how you book the dinner reservations change from time to time...ie, in November there were people booking specialty restaurants for each night of their stay in one booking. Remember...it is Mexico...things change often!

9. handyman

handyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The breakfast tour is an excuse to get you upstairs for some high pressure timeshare sales pitch. It takes up your whole morning but you will get a free gift for hanging in. I have been through 4 of them. I got $100 cash one time and a few trips to Isla de Mujeres which is not a bad deal. But they can't be up front about the breakfast tour because nobody would go.

10. trevillyan

trevillyan Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have never gone to the time share thing before but last year they put things under the door. Seems like the longer you hold out the better the perks get.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice