compare Desire and TTR for us...

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by Jim*N*Sherry, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Ken and Ann Marie

Ken and Ann Marie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    First, we've never been to Desire, but have talked to many, many friends who have done both. Taking amenities out of the equation, which are much better at Desire from what we hear and has already been discussed, it really comes down to this for us. We've considered Desire for a couple years now, but we really like the hard core party atmosphere at TTR vs. the more laid back atmosphere at Desire. From what we've heard, the party starts around 3:00 at Desire. We like being in the pool at about 10:30 a.m. with a drink in our hands at TTR. We've heard it's a little cliquish at Desire but I'm skeptical of that. I'm sure we'll get there at some point, probably next year, but not at the expense of missing TTR.

2. Ken and Ann Marie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I should also add, we're completely satisfied with the quality of room, booze, and food at TTR so if we go to Desire, it won't be for that.

3. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    Visit Desire and then report back.

We love a party and if you think Desire doesn't party........you couldn't be more wrong!

4. Ken and Ann Marie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    But is it twice the party for twice the price? That's what we always weigh.

5. koolcpl69

koolcpl69 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I completely agree with IDareU. We have been to TTR 8 times. Decided to try Desire RM for a change of pace, well, we have no plans on ever going back to TTR. We will be going to Desire from now on.

6. jimnloli

jimnloli Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    We agree about Temptation Cabo and would have continued to go there even after it turned to Desire.

We loved the staff, the beach, the Hot Tub area. It was the best Temptation had to offer. We swore we would return even after it changed to Desire.

But it never happened. By the time we were ready to book for a return visit and see what it was all about the new Desire had closed down. I guess nobody went.

It's a shame. As Temptation, it was a really good resort!

7. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    Somebody doesnt like TTR...Is that you writing the bad reviews on TripAdvisor?

8. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    If you decisions are based upon price..................well...............the Days Inn Cancun is an option. Here's the deal...............Desire is at least twice the experience at 1.5 times the cost of TTR.

Don't get me wrong........TTR is an ok vacation. Try Desire and you'll understand the difference.

Party here starts at around midnight........trying to take a nap but can't sleep.....

9. Rob&gf

Rob&gf Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    LadynTramp, u said party starts at midnight. Are you talking about Desire RM? Because i heard out of the 2 Desire's, RM is the party resort and Pearl is not so much?

10. Sheridan&Ginger

Sheridan&Ginger Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Trust me. It doesn't get more hard core that Desire. In EVERY sense of the word.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice