¿Cómo se dice...? ~ How do you say....

Discussion in 'Temptation Exiles' started by Cheers2US, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    I know a small amount of Spanish: Enough to get by with basic pleasantries but not enough to have a conversation.

On our last visit to Desire RM, we met a friendly couple from Mexico. They seemed impressed that we could (somewhat) converse in a mixture of broken Spanish (me) and broken English (them)

We made small talk and at one point, the husband asked us if we swing. We do not and he seemed disappointed. He kind of lingered around us (mostly me) so my husband and I decided to just avoid this couple.

So with that background, my question is, how do you say (politely) "We are not in the lifestyle" or "we do not swing" (or "we are not swingers")

I'm reluctant to Google it, and get something about playground swing sets.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Most Mexicans will understand the term swingers - especially those at Desire. The Spanish term for swingers is parejas intercambio (couples exchange). If you wanted to say we are not, you'd say No intercambianos parejas. Or something like that :)

3. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    I 've experience the opposite ,, meet really a friendly nice couple then they disappear when you tell them you don't swing like we have the plague .

Some of my best TTR friends are swingers ,, I find the community to be open and fun and respectful no matter what you are most of the time .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice