Coming To Gp April 2024

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by VIPeters, Dec 4, 2023.

?

April 2024 - Looking for Fun

1. Best Outing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Best Beach

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Best Nighttime activity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. VIPeters

VIPeters Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hello
    We have not been to Cancun before and are very much looking forward to experience.
    Was not sure on which hotel would be best but landed on GP after friends referral. Beach looked amazing and like the adult only vibe.
    We are a laidback, outdoorsy, Canadian, couple into adventure and new experiences but not crazy partiers. Does anyone have any tips and recommendations for us to explore?
    Any must do's or see's?

Thanks
    V

2. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,907 / 5
    1. Day pass to Temptation? (Though is as good to just book a night cost wise).
    2. Ferry to Isla and golf cart rental to Soggy Peso and then The Joint
    3. Boobs Cruise!!!!

3. VIPeters

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thank u so much
    We talked about staying at T but picked GP because we wanted to have some quality us time too and thought it may be a bit harder there to get away. Didn't know day pass was an option.
    The ferry to the island sounds amazing and is one of our priorities. We also want to swim in a cenote or 2 and maybe see Chichen Itza, do you recommend?
    We had hoped to rent / borrow kayaks from hotel (is that possible?) but I have to say the boob cruise sounds very interesting. Guessing the dress code is better than pool side?
    Just over 120 days out - already excited :)

4. Kristen78

Kristen78 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +387 / 0
    GP is great… pretty chill, but fun. Especially if there’s a good crowd there. They have a Tuesday limo party and a Friday sunset catamaran that are both included with your stay (except tips). But book as soon as you check in as they fill up fast.
    Saturday foam party.
    It’s not fancy & glamorous, but the beach is gorgeous, the food is good and the staff are second to none! It’s a smaller resort (which we actually love!). We’ll just miss you, we leave 4/3.
    Been going since 2016, so feel free to ask any questions you might have.

5. VIPeters

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thank you Kristen, Sorry we will miss you.
    A great beach sounds perfect - we are not fancy or glamorous either so that works wonderful. We will for sure have to ask about the limo and the sunset cat too as that sounds like a gorgeous way to wrap up our week.
    The foam party sounds a bit wicked... that would be our first full day there, how much fun is it?
    V

6. Kristen78

Ratings:
    +387 / 0
    The sunset cat is nice, fun but chill. It leaves from the same dock as the Boobs Cruise (right next to Temptation), and I always feel a little sad that I’m not there instead. Lol.
    The foam party is fun, it’s in the pool in the afternoon and they have balloons & floaties. There’s also tequila volleyball in the pool… if you miss your serve, girls are encouraged to flash to get a second chance (guys can moon).
    It’s definitely more tame than TTR, but it can still be a little naughty depending on the people there. I’ve witnessed (and participated in) body shots at the tiki bar at night.

7. VIPeters

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thank you Kristen,

I had imagined the foam party as similar to the Boobs Cruise and a bit of a cuddle party. No issue, but maybe not day one…

One thing that got our notice on the Boobs Cruise was the skinny dipping swim time. Do you know if there are other outings empowering folks to enjoy nature so? Garth would be happy as a nudist and I am sure would enjoy that.

Nice the boats leave from same dock - one comes in as the other heads out. Good planning could you do both?

Volleyball I am afraid my top would just be off the whole time. Lacking skills there and playing tennis for sure.

Will look / hope for some fun folks (too bad your gone) and encourage basketball (2 on 2, we can hold our own, I am sure…)

V

8. Kristen78

Ratings:
    +387 / 0
    Theres nothing like the Boobs Cruise with this resort. And the guests are much more laid back than like TTR. Everything at this place is more like PG-13 with maybe a touch of R.
    The Boobs Cruise is Friday morning and they return hours before the GP Sunset cruise (like 3-4 maybe?). And you have to leave from GP on their bus, you can’t just show up at the dock & get on. You could technically get your own cab to the Boobs Cruise, come back to GP and get back on their bus to the sunset cruise. I definitely wouldn’t be in the mood (or remotely sober enough) to do the GP sunset cruise after a boobs cruise. There’s no swimming, you wear regular clothes. You pretty much sit on the catamaran with a beer & watch the sunset. They had a beer drinking contest & played music, but wasn’t really any kind is party atmosphere.
    Most people I’ve met at GP wouldn’t be comfortable at TTR, it’s a MUCH more tame crowd. They don’t allow topless except on the beach, and I’ve never seen anyone topless on the beach. The flashing during the game is just quick, you can’t actually take your top off. (And in my experiences, only about 50% of the women even flash, they just lose the serve.)
    My mother (74) and her friends go to GP. It’s definitely very tame in comparison to TTR.
    As far as excursions, they have a desk there to book them, but I’ve never booked any, so I can’t really comment on what they offer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice