Coco Bongo? how good is this club if it is one? Is it worth?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Newtraveler, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Newtraveler

Newtraveler Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, everytime I mention Cancun all I hear besides the beach is Coco Bongo club, now I just want to ask the experts on this forum how good is it and is it worth it? Im not a drinker, I dont drink any alcohol and Im not a clubber type person, but ive seen videos of this on youtube and it was more like a circus. What is the dress code for it and do they sell water or juices in the club? And is it advisable to go on my own as Im traveling alone? Thanks to all who answer, Thank you so much

2. Turquoise water

Turquoise water Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Coco Bongo? how good is this club if it is one? Is it wo

I have been, but years ago. I kind of out grew that scene, but it was fun. I really just remember guys swinging from ropes dressed up like spider man and the other green gobblin character spider man fought from the movie. It was the spider man movie theme I guess. You did not say if you are a man or woman, but the hotel runs trips later at night in the lobby for like $30 US. You get the cover, a few drinks and a bus ride to and from the club. You will meet people at your resort and can hook up with them and all go together or just jump in a group and meet people on the bus. If you take advantage of your hotel trips, you will be with the people in your hotel, so you will not be totally alone. Hope this helps..Oh and really no dress code, your in a tropical type resort, so just dress like your going to a club in a tropical resort I guess..I wore khaki shorts and a Hawaiian shirt every night..

3. julietravels

julietravels Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lots of Fun

I am a married 49 year old female. I have been to Coco Bongos 3 times in the past 3 years. I loved it! The place gets packed with people standing in one spot dancing to the music. You can go alone and just enjoy the shows and the music. There is a cover charge that covers all of your drinks, alcoholic or nonalcoholic. I recommend it to everyone.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Yes, Coco Bongo is somewhere everyone should go at least once.

The advice of Turquoise is good - your hotel will probably arrange a trip there one night, so go along with them. Prices have gone up in the last few years it's now $45-$50 depending on the night so a little expensive if you're only drinking water.

5. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Ya know.. you just have to go. It would be like going to Sydney and not seeing the Opera House. Going to China and not seeing the great wall. Going to NYC and not seeing Times Square. Going to San Francisco and not going to Fisherman's Warf. Ya just got to do it.

It's one of those places that if you go to Cancun people are going to ask you what you thought. If you don't go, you're always going to wonder if you should have.

People either love or hate the place and there is no reason one way or the other as to why.

So go, form your own opinion and check it off the list of one of the 100 places you must go before you die.

Jamie

6. Newtraveler

Newtraveler Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Steve, Yes I understand but the thing is I dont touch alcohol but can I ask you if they do orange juice and other soft drinks non alcholic apart from water? God bless thanks

7. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They will for sure have non alcoholic beverages there. Have a great trip!

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Yes, they have non alcoholic drinks (they need them for mixers) but you'll still have to pay the same entrance price.

9. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To me, depending on prices, it would be worth it for all the shows they do. Will find out my next trip.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice