COBA

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by asj2008, Aug 5, 2008.

1. asj2008

asj2008 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is it possible to get to Coba from another route other than the one going through Tulum? We were thinking of taking 180 and turning left to Coba....is that a good road? Is it fast? Someone said take the interstate, not the superhighway...

thanks...

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From Cancun it's fastest to go to Coba by taking the Cancun-Merida road and turning left at the town of Nuevo Xcan. Take the Libre (freeway) not the Cuota (tollway). The Cuota does not have an exit in that town.

From Cancun if you go down to Tulum and then over to Coba it's much longer. It used to be about the same time-wise, but now that Playa del Carmen has so many stoplights and so much traffic it takes forever to cross it.

Take the Libre from Cancun, it's got lots of speed bumps (topes) but it's still faster than going through Playa del Carmen and Tulum.

3. asj2008

asj2008 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You da best, rivergirl!

Btw, we did some cenote diving at hidden worlds (dos ojos)...AWESOME, although the wife was not into tight cave diving....

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm a bit claustrophobic myself, caves do not make me happy.

5. Cdn Cat

Cdn Cat Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    asj2008 - I love my caves....did Dos Ojos about 3 or 4 years ago now....gotta love bats too LOL The two pretty much go hand in hand. I have some photos on a disk somewhere....now if I were just more organized.... :huh:

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like bats just fine. In fact I was wondering about putting up a bat shelter here and encouraging them to live on my property and eat my special crop of aggressive mosquitoes.

7. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here is an easy how to bat house. I have about 6 bats every night eating those little buggers

http://www.batcon.org/bhra/economyhouse.html

:lol: This will give you something to do between watching the ants cover your spit up. :lol:

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gonzo - Thanks, it looks easy enough to make. And yes, I clearly need something else to do...

9. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No problem RG, I even got enough material from a construction site up here in MN. Yep and easy to put together.

10. cancuncouple

cancuncouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Is there a bus from Cancun to Coba?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice