Club Solaris timeshare presentation discount

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by flyinmonkey, Jan 7, 2007.

1. flyinmonkey

flyinmonkey Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone gotten a travel deal for sitting through a sales promotion from them? I have a offer of 5 nights, 2 rooms, 5ppl. for $2060 USD. They say it is a 90 minute presentation on the second day of our stay.

2. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Club Solaris time share presentation

$2,060.00 for the right to visit a time share presentation is too high. Usuall time share deals for the presentations range in $250.00-$500 for your stay. So you may be scammed somewhere.

3. B D

B D Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    no scam

No you are not getting scammed if the $2060 covers your rooms and the AI. You are basically getting the 2 rooms for free. The normal cost of just the AI is around $80 per person per day which in your case would equal 5 nights x $80 x 5 ppl = $2000. but you can easily price out what it would cost you for just the hotel inlcuding AI at retail, using any major travel site. Then you can see exactly what the savings would be for the timeshare presentation.

4. flyinmonkey

flyinmonkey Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It does include IA. From what I have found on several travel sites it is a really good rate. I have not been able to find any reports of people getting ripped off by them so I believe I will give it a try. I'll report after the trip how it turned out.

5. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just returned from a stay at the Royal Sunset that was discounted in order to promote the timeshare.

The studio suite (very nice!) was free for 5 days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We paid $100 to the travel agent that set it up,
    and about $120 or so in Mexican lodging tax.
    And this was New Years Week.

We did NOT accept the AI, even though we could have had it for $50pp per day through the agent (same thing costs $88 if you buy it directly from the Sunset). In a place like Cancun, I would never accept the AI if you've got accomadations which include kitchen space and equipment. If you neglect to avail yourself of the huge variety of great foods (most of which can be had for a very reasonable price, particularly if you use Brant's Entertainment card) you're missing a good portion of what's great about Cancun.

(If you really want to have great food and fun eating for small $, go to Isla M. - it's more casual than casual, and most of it's great! I am not advising a complete abandonment of caution and wisdom. There are some rip offs on the Island as well. "Don Cheapo's" is highly recommended if yuo need a place to start.)

6. pauliine

pauliine Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought a timeshare in my early and it was one of the worst financial mistakes I ever made. I never intended to buy it, but I cannot suckered into going to a presentation to get free show tickets when I was in Cancun. The high-pressure sales person convinced me to sign on the dotted line, and I ended up with a timeshare. It was one of the hardest things to get rid of, and I lost about $20,000 in the process. It was an expensive lesson learned. You can find good information at What travelers have to know about Club Solaris timeshare

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice