Clothing and Camera ??? for TTR OG's

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Ryan & Kristin, Jul 15, 2008.

1. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    I guess you didn't get the chance to read Angi's TR...I think it's about 4 pages long but it a great TR.... :lol:

2. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My TR was only 4 pages long???? :? I must have left something out!!! I will go back and add some details. :lol: 4 pages you kill me Ice :roll:

Dave and Rose....I am pretty sure it was you all that I told how much I loved my camera before it bit the dust too. It died right after we jumped in the water during the Jungle tour. Somehow it got water inside the whole darn thing. I am pretty sure it was a fluke. There are a ton of people with the Olympus that have been super happy. I know none of the parts of the camera were open when we jumped in but just be sure to double check as that is very important.

3. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    I was just saying that you had a great TR. I enjoyed reading it very much. And i thought in your report. You talked about your cameras...LOL... :lol:

4. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes you were one of several who told us how much they loved their Olympus, it was a big part of us buying one when we got back. Anyway, we will put it to the test next month!!

Thanks for the feedback, and sorry I miss that part of your TR..

5. djalbe

djalbe Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe not a fluke !!!

I also bought a new 1030 SW for our July trip. Worked first 2 days no problem, pics & video. Day 3 it went from pool pics to water on the brain. Was able to view my current pics on the card oddly enough, but it would not open the shutter properly and the screen would not display anything, other than the saved pics I had.

Seemed like it was a little wet inside so I tried drying it out over the next few days but without success. Fortunately, it is within the return period so getting my $$ back. Pretty specific use camera so no need to just keep a replacement around til my next beach vacation when I have a solid everyday cam.

Despite having good luck with an Olympus cam from 2002, I will probably not buy another Olympus.

-DJ

6. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Re: Maybe not a fluke !!!

Yikes...you guys are scaring me, but if it screws up I will take it back, after all I have trashed two other camera at BBG/TTR already, I was looking for something that could take the punishment :roll:

7. miked

miked Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You could have got sand in the camera. Most waterproof cameras warn to keep it out of the sand. The smallest amount can jamb them up. That was the first thing i seen when i bought my camera.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice