Clarification on tips and cups/mugs

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by victoriabc, Dec 20, 2006.

1. victoriabc

victoriabc Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have been reading these boards so we can get as much info as possible, but there are a couple of things that there seem to be mixed messages on so if anyone can clarify, we would really appreciate it.

1) Do you or do you not tip staff/bartenders etc...some posts say to tip for premium liquor and better service and some posts say do not tip as staff could be fired

2) Can we bring our own insulated cups/mugs

Thanks so much

Blair and Carol :party:

2. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They would never get fired for tips, but don't expect top shelf liquor for tipping...you can only get top shelf by being a premier member or upgrade to silver. BUT tip!!!! The waitstaff makes very little money and supply great service. Also they will remember you tipped them and be honest...would you not rather help someone who shows appreciation!?

As for insualted cups you will get mixed reviews on that. We took a travel coffee cup sized mug and used it all the time. I was always afraid someone would take a drink of my drink and put back down then I would drink (not big to some ppl but EWWW to me LOL) It helped to always know which drink was mine. The bartenders cannot fill your mug though...you have to order 2 drinks and pour them in your mug.

Have a blast!!!! BTW we overlap you guys by a couple days...look for us on the 11th.

3. victoriabc

victoriabc Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, yes I definetly believe in tipping, I just did not want to get anyone in trouble. Thanks for the info on the cups.

We will look for you when you arrive for sure....if I can see straight by then
    Carol :party:
    P.S. the booze will kill any germs on your cup

4. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Another thought on the cups...if they have lid you will spill a lot less of them :D and they are easier to take in pool.

5. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    An insulated mug is really convenient if you want to spend time on the beach. Not much for drink service at BBG unless you go to the bar. The mugs are also great for evenings down by the ocean.

As far as tipping goes, the tips are really appreciated!!! I usually tip once per shift, or once at each bar I go to. A tip early in the shift will assure you great service and a smile to go with it for the rest of the day :daveandmo:

6. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Because the service is always top notch and evryone all smiles tip well and tip often :!: :!:

7. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    All excellent advice!

Tip the bartenders often and a lot. Don't expect premieum liquor casue that will get them fired if you sren't supposed to get it. But if you tip or not, you will get excellent service so show them you appreciate it.

As far as the mugs go, some people love them. They will make you two drinks at a time to help fill them up but are not supposed to make them directly into the mug. Just don't drink so much that you forget to keep track of the mug.

Enjoy!

Jamie

8. jpsnhedge

jpsnhedge Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been 3 times and never had an issue with getting mugs filled. I have seen a lot of posts saying that the bartenders could get in trouble but no one ever questioned the mugs. I would happily poor my own drinks into the mug if it was necessary but I just don't think it is. In fact, sometimes I think they may prefer you to have your own mugs because they run short on cups.

As for tips, don't be shy. Give up a few bucks and it will be appreciated. Remember when you go to the premium resturaunts that you should tip based on the value of the meal. I typical dinner for two should warrant a $15-$20 tip.

9. norm&ginny

norm&ginny Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mugs/tipping

we tipped every time and got anything we wanted whenever we wanted
    service cant be beat ask keven and catrina

10. Dave N Rose

Dave N Rose Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes for sure on the tips. They deserve it. I don't know about the premium booze thing, Jim Beam an I are old friends and they stock him.
    We had double walled travel glasses (plastic) that had lids and straws. We were always asked to remove and hold the lid and straw while they made the drink in our glass. No prob. I do recommend the mug thing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice