Claim yur Mexican VAT Tax in June

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by NormsKid, May 21, 2008.

1. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Starting in June, you will be able to reclaim any VAT tax that you paid during your stay in Mexico.....

2. stephenj

stephenj Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    neat!

I wonder if the vendors that wander the beach will have those refund forms? :D

STeve

3. stephenj

stephenj Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    nice!

I checked with a friend who works at a Jewelry store in the HZ, and she said that this is indeed the real deal. Now won't that be nice!

Steve

4. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got this in an email blast that normally only goes to travel agents. If it's not legit, then they will be all advising their clients improperly......

Michelle

5. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Damn

I just spent over $20,000 in furniture and electronics a few weeks ago

6. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The info is ture. We got it like 4 months ago when it was approved by Camara de Senadores, however I think it is important to know...

You need to spend more than $$$ in a single store.

Have the original ticket from the store plus your airline ticket for an international flight out of Mexico and need to present your passport.

Traveling around to Europe and some other countries I can tell you so far:

Spain is the only Country that will give you in cash the VAT at any airport, all other countires as Italy, France, Porutgal, Belguim and more will ask to enter information on official formats and assure you will get the VAT on crdit card or chack and you will never get it. :(

7. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice