City pictures

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Shari, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Shari

Shari Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I'm Shari. I've been anonymously reading your board for the past year or two and finally joined a couple months ago. Even though I can't be there, you help me to be there in spirit. I haven't been to Cancun since 1992. I loved it and was there about as often as one can be without living there.

Obviously things have changed a lot since I was there. I read your posts about WalMart and Home Depot and am completely lost. I have tried for a long time to find pictures of the city to see how much it's changed. I haven't been able to find them.

I was wondering if any one has any photos of the downtown area like Tulum and Yaxchillan etc. that they could send me. I'm not looking for pictures to publish or anything, just something that will let me see what things look like today.

2. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Shari....Sent you a PM. :D

3. Shari

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Still looking

Still hoping someone has a picture or two of downtown to share with me. :pc:

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Re: Still looking

Is this for publication on your website?

I don't really have any at the moment, (funny how you tend not to take general street pics of where you live). If for publication on the web site I will go out and take some especially ... as long as you dont mind giving me a link back from the web pages they are published on :)

5. Shari

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Although not my initial intention, I could do that. I was just curious, myself, but I bet others may be interested too. So, yes, if you would like to snap some photos for my site, I'll be sure to give you credit and a link.

:oops: Wouldn't mind if you wanted to pass the word around a bit about my site, as well.

I give you much credit. You have the best site on the web. It's hard to get a site off the ground. You've done amazing with yours, all of yours. I salute you.
    :daveandmo:

6. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Ok Shari, I will take some pics over the next week or so, on our daily travels. Have you got any requests other than Ave's Tulum and Yaxchillan?

Thanks for the website compliment :oops:

Re publicity from here, the link is already in your signature which should bring you some clicks if you put it around a little by posting a little more :wink: and you've already signed up with CancunTop100 that I see is bringing you some extra traffic.

To be honest, it's difficult to offer you much more as once paying advertisers are involved (as they are) it's unfair to offer promotion opportunities to others for free, when they pay for it. There's also so many people with websites, businesses, condos for rent etc that we could end up looking something like ebay if I allowed everyone with something to promote to do so freely. That might drive visitors away as well as paying advertisers.

I do have a new idea on a low cost advertising option that would be open to all but am going to think more on it before I make a decision whether to implement it.

7. Shari

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can't think of anything specific at the moment. It sounds like so much has changed. If there is anything that you think has dramatically changed over the last decade or two, it would probably be of interest.

I wish I would have taken more architectural type photos of downtown, but it just isn't something you think about. I'm going to see what I can find though, and maybe do a "that was then this is now" kind of thing.

It's so hard for me to say when I just don't have a clue what's changed. Thanks for your help. No rush. I'll be happy with what I get, when I get it. Thanks again! :D

8. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    That would be a good idea for your site, just let me know as and when you need pics. I cant guarantee an instant response but if we are passing by I can take a pic.

9. Shari

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve,
    I haven't been able to find many city pictures. I am working on another source for the early city photos but don't know if or when that may come through. What little I could find of Ave. Tulum in my photos, I put on a temporary webpage to easily share with you and avoid log ins and ids and other such hassles. http://www.remembercancun.com/ElCentro.html

I don't know, maybe the area hasn't changed much from these photos, but it just sounds like it has. You would know best what's changed and what hasn't.

Shari

By the way, how long have you been in Cancun?

10. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Shari,

I wish I had taken lots more pictures, too!

We've been going to Cancun since 1985,

here's my ticket stub from the bullfights in 1987 ...

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice