Citizenship test questions

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Mar 31, 2008.

1. escondida

escondida Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don´t feel stupid Rivergirl, the questions are online since yesterday on the official webpage from the SRE. Before yesterday there was only an advertising that we need to study the history from Mexico. No questions especifically. But there were many complaints from people from Cancun which no passed through the examen. The "delegado" from the SRE Cancun was inventing questions like "who is the enmascarado de plata?" (from wrestling) and "which is the name of a famous kid song writer?" (cri-cri) and so on, nobody knows that things and they have nothing to do with the history of Mexico. So I found the discussion board in internet where people from all Mexico are changing the cuestions from all states. And it was to obviously that Cancun was the worste case to approve. So after the complaints, the SRE creates a cuestionary with 100 cuestions valid for all states in Mexico and the "delegado" from Cancun cannot invent cuestions anymore. So it is easy for us to approve. The only thing to do is that we are need do memorize the 100 answers .... sorry for my english, it´s not my mother tongue :lol:
    I found that the last link is not in function. So you can put your emails on the discussion board and Julia will send you the cuestionary with the answers (in spanish). Good luck for the examen!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks again escondida, officials making things up as they go along... who'd have believed it :)

I have cut and pasted the questions from the official site and made it a sticky which you can find here.
    http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38964

We'll leave this as a discussion thread and I'll lock the new one as reference thread only.

If you can send the answers via email to me steve@cancuncare.com I will add them to the thread.

Thanks once again for your illuminating post!

3. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh my, this had made a crap day seem better!
    And there was me trying to learn the States and have only got as far as about 15 of them - and knowing I had to cover god know what else!
    THANK YOU!!!!!

4. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wooo i could answer like 92 or so... tho i should be able to answer all of them...

:)

5. CZMdivemaster

CZMdivemaster Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife is taking the Mexican Citizenship Exam either this Friday the 20th or Thursday of next week. She just got off the phone with the ladies at the SRE office in Cancun and was assured that the 100 questions on the SRE test guide are the correct questions and that these would be the questions until September at which time SRE will change the test. She was specifically told not to worry about any official asking any questions not in the guide.

Will leave a post after she takes the exam and let everyone know how it went.

6. CZMdivemaster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    passed test

Wife just received her letter of naturalzation. Test was same questions as SRE guide. She scored 100%. She had already researched all the answers from the SRE guide prior to seeing the answered questions from Escondida. She said the answers from Escondida were very good with the exception of some of the more lenghty answers (ie when asked what was the emblem on and the colors of the Mexican flag, Escondida's answer was several paragraphs instead of just the exact description). Living in Cozumel I don't check this forum very often. If we can help answer any questions regarding the test use the contact info at my website: www.mikebeasley.com

Remember that the test questiions will change in September, 2008.

Mike

7. eddie.willers

eddie.willers Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: passed test

Hey, Mike - when did she take the test? I am waiting for my Carta and have been told 2-3 months from test at end of May.

8. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info,
    I wondered that about the lengthy answers for some of the questions. It's seems to be a lot of information when the question only warrents the main jist.
    Does the letter of naturalzation get sent here then, I thought we have to go to Mexico City for it?

9. CZMdivemaster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    citizenship letter

Eddie and Jen,

My wife's letter was in Cancun waiting. She picked it up 4 working days after her exam. She was one of the ones on the cusp when they changed the rules and instated the test. So her letter was ready last November, but with the caveat that she would have to pass the test and if you remember the test had not been standardized so it was nearly impossible to figure out what to study until SRE published the study guide. The letters get sent to Cancun.

Remember that if you are planning on taking the test that has been answered by Escondida, that particular test expires on Sept. 1 and will be replaced by a new test (although I would assume that much of it will be the same).

Regarding the National Anthym. You may be asked a question to write one stanza which is around 10 lines long. The Mexican Anthym is so long it's crazy.

Good luck to anyone taking it. I definitely know how stressful it can be.

Mike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice