Citizenship test questions

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Mar 31, 2008.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been discussing this with various people and would like to compile a list of known questions from the citizenship test. Anyone have any examples of the questions they are asking? Here's some I have heard from people who have taken the test.....

1. Name three of the niƱos heroes
    2. Name three Mexican authors
    3. Where was the first cannon fired?
    4. What are the three levels of government?
    5. Who is the president of the D.F.?
    6. Name FIVE Mexican muralists?

Anyone have any to add?

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  3. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dont they give you any idea of what you need to study before the test... or do they expect you to complete 12 years of Mexican history and know everything there is to know?

BTW: My neighbors (Mexicans) couldn't answer 1, 2, 3, 6. and were fuzzy about 4. And I think that 5 might be a trick question... does the DF have a "mayor" if so wouldn't he be the Presidente Municipal? (therefore the President of the DF as opposed to THE President?)

Does anyone know if people with Mexican children are required to take the test....?

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Apparently they suggest a book to read but I was told it was useless and the material in the test was not even in the book. So yep, random history questions. Yes, they mean the "mayor" or "presidente municipal" rather than THE president (and really, if you can't come up with Calderon then maybe you should fail). Tricky tricky!

As far as I know, everyone now must take the test, with Mexican children (my case) or not, the test is required. My understanding is that the test is in Spanish as well. You get five questions and you must get them all right. (Though one person reported they had a ten question test so who knows). They do let you take the test again, on another day of course.

My Mexican hubby couldn't answer the questions either. :D

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I heard it was a pool of 1000 questions and they ask you 10 of them.

6. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am SO happy to have gotten my citizenship a few years ago :D ... Another proof of their professionalism!

I have no idea about the 1,3,6. And probably many more.

When I asked for my Canadian citizenship, we had a complete training, with a long list of questions, so we KNEW the answers. They picked some within that list. BTW we also had to sing the anthem.

I find normal to speak Spanish not only when you ask for a citizenship but just when you want to live in their country. That's the first thing I did. But that's another matter. In Toronto, there were free English classes, and I got my TOEFL there.

Good luck :lol:

7. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If this really is the case then I cant imagine anyone ever passes on the first try... do they charge a fee to take the test? :roll:

8. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Just on those questions everyone in my household failed :(
    Can you pay someone to take it like people pay for someone else to take the language test.?
    Tracey :)

9. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just to add further info to this thread. I went to RP today to give in the copies of my renewed fm2. I have been waiting for a reply to my duel nationality since June last year and asked how much longer did they think it could be.
    The lady said she couldn't tell but recommended that I take the test ASAP so it would be one thing less to do when they authorise it.
    I have to call to schedule the exam and it will be in Cancun. She didn't give much away, just said it was on history, geography and the national anthem etc.
    She did say you get 5 goes though!!

I shall keep you posted. I told her I needed some study time before scheduling!

10. eddie.willers

eddie.willers Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just failed this exam the other week - after being assured with great sincerity that there was no such exam to be taken as part of the naturalization process.

The test comprised 5 questions, of which four had to be answered correctly. Here are the questions:

* Give the proper official name of this country;
    * Name three colonial cities;
    * Give the capitals of the states of: Colima; Estado de Mexico; Nayarit;
    * Name three 20th Century artists
    * Write in full a verse of the Himno Nacional;

One also had to give a single paragraph answer on why one sought to be naturalized. The woman administering the papers was a harridan, without mercy, who penalized the least mistake. With such standards, I was only able to answer two questions 'correctly' - I made a grammatical error when writing a verse of the himno and spelt David Siquieros's name incorrectly so those 2 answers were disallowed.

Tough b'stards. They wouldn't tell me what I had to study, nor how many potential questions there are nor how many attempts one might be allowed to make.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice