Citizenship test and answers as from July 09

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Linda Figgs, Sep 11, 2009.

1. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V: Its in the link provided by tristan.

Its mentioned 3 times, but I do have friends with dual even as Mexicans, and they were born OUTSIDE Mexico as well.

So I assume it is doable still? Sure hope so.

2. tristan1749

tristan1749 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As far as I know, every country requires you to "renounce" your other citizenship. Basically, it means you can no longer resort to turning to your country's consulate for any help when you get into trouble here. Plus, you use your Mexican passport to enter Mexico. My wife is on her third citizenship, assuming she gets the Mexican one.

V: I've never seen anything that refers to "accelerating the path to citizenship". Do you have a link? SRE says 5 years for anyone without a Latin American descendancy. I've been waiting 11 years because they changed the rules on me when I completed my first 5 and I had to start over. Changes in immigration laws have nothing to do with the rules for applying for citizenship.

3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Because you've impressed me on many occasions, Tristan, both with what you know, and what you're willing to share with others, I'll see if I can find the number and page for you. It carries the old terminology, referring to years in "Inmigrado" status, but the principles are still the same; and, yes, you are right, the laws relating to immigration don't cover the same territory as the laws relating to citizenship; so, what I'll be looking for comes from the later.

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    To follow up Tristan's comment, earlier, here's what SRE has to say about a path to accelerating the process-
    And, here's the link- trm-nat-Carta de naturalización por haber prestado servicios o realizado obras destacadas en materia cultural, social, científica, técnica, artística, deportiva o empresarial

A similar concept prevails in the point system in the laws pertaining to immigration, which represents an accelerated path to permanent residency.
    Neither of these is for everyone, but knowing they exist can help some people plan their activities in a way to be able to take advantage of these provisions, at a future date.

5. tristan1749

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, basically you have to show you've been a productive member of society, which pretty much leaves me out.

6. grubermexx

grubermexx Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello

hola, has the exam been changed or updated or is it still the version posted here? anybody know..? thanks

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    My hunch is it will have been changed by now. I heard it had got a lot easier but I havent seen any update of the new questions anywhere online.

8. tristan1749

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was the same ten months ago when my wife took it. It's not about knowing Mexican history, or even about knowing a lot of Spanish. It's about memorization and testing techniques.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice