Citizenship test and answers as from July 09

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Linda Figgs, Sep 11, 2009.

1. luiswluejew

luiswluejew Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    about the answers

I've founded every answer in wikipedia. Nevertheless I knew a 90% because are easier than other year.
    in 99 i agree is from french word merchant (mercader) a bussiness people that buy and sell. Regards.ll

2. coldark79

coldark79 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi,
    Well i gonna to try to be mexican too, so i made this little quizz with hot potatoes, i hope can help someone else ;).
    To Me it's more easy to learn ;).

Link :
    Test naturalizacion

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    That's a cool little application.

I finally qualified too, just debating whether to go for it or not.

Any idea how long the whole process takes?

4. coldark79

coldark79 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well, i dont know, but i think when u done ur test, and filled all the "documents", then we need to wait between 3 and 6 month.
    When u gona make the process, u need to make it like 6 month before the expiration of your fm2. (tienes que presentarte a lo mas tarde 6 meses antes de que se vence tu fm2, porque sino corres el riesgo de que te rechazan tu solicitud, si tu fm2 se vence el 1ero de julio, tienes que presentar tu solicitud antes del 2 de febrero del mismo año).
    forgive my bad english ;), i'm french ;).

Ahier fui a presentar mi solicitud, bueno.....
    Primer, verfican todos tus documentos, una vez que todo este en regla, te hacen el test....
    En mi caso, fue 5 preguntas nada mas, y tienes 15 minutos para contestarlas....
    te dan 5 preguntas aleatorias sobre las 100, tienes derecho de fallar una (no falle ningunas :) ) Despues tienes que esperar (alrededor de 6 meses, si todo va bien.)
    Te daran una clave de usario y contraseña para seguir el proceso de tu tramite via internet.

Espero que los ayude esta aclaracion ;).

Suerte a todos.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  5. Jazminwashingtondc

Jazminwashingtondc Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For both

I'm mexican. As far as I remember, we use "marchante/a" for the person who sells and to the one who is buying

6. Linda Figgs

Linda Figgs Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mexican Citizenship

Is there someone out there that has current information about the Mexican Citizenship test and requirements? Thanks. Linda

7. tristan1749

tristan1749 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know what the requirements are, exactly, but you should probably go to SRE and get the latest ones, to be sure. My wife took the exam recently and passed it on the first attempt, after I showed her some memorization/testing techniques. They were taken from the same question bank that is referred to on this thread.

You need to have been a "resident" of Mexico for the previous 5 years before applying, or two years, if you can prove you are a descendant of a Mexican citizen. The rest is just the usual documents. SRE will give you the exact requirements.

Check out this link....

Trámites Consulares

8. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "Es importante destacar que al obtener la nacionalidad mexicana debe renunciar a su nacionalidad de origen."

So I would have to renounce my Swedish citizenship to be able to acquire Mexican nationality..?

That put it all in a new perspective... Sucky, to say the least. Hoping there are some ways around it.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    That's the first I've heard of having to renounce your original nationality. That would be a deal breaker for me.

Besides with the new Permanent Residency I don't see any extra advantages in going for citizenship, at least in my case.

10. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Rawkus, can you give the readers a webpage cite to that quote?
    Ditto, even though as a non citizen I have to own property here through a fideicomiso.

However, I've got about a year and half to think about it, and might reconsider. (To explain the reference to "about a year and half to think about it," if an applicant for citizenship applies the same processes to accelerate the path to citizenship that are available to accelerate the path to permanent residency, it reduces the time in permanent residency to two years, rather than five.)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice