Christmas in Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by TheBman, Dec 21, 2006.

1. TheBman

TheBman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How is Christmas and new Years down in Cancun?
    I have often thought about going down over the holidays but it's soo pricy.
    I was just wondering if they have any major celebrations or a parade or festival or anything cool like that.
    I am going on a cruise this year, but wouldn't mind trying Cancun next holiday.
    Thanks

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have never seen any parades or anything similar. Different places in the hotel zone have New Year's Eve specials but nothing like you find in the USA.

The one thing I find very different is that the local custom seems to be to start the party on Christmas Eve, open the gifts at midnight, have a feast, party all night drinking yourself into oblivion and then sleep all day on the 25th.

Or maybe that was just my ex g/f.

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope...it isn't just her, T.J.

That's EXACTLY how Dany celebrates.

Makes for some very interesting Christmas Eve phone calls to say the least!!!

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "Noche Buena" or Christmas Eve is the day that everyone celebrates. Dinner at midnight, presents after that then stay up as late as you can and sleep on Christmas Day. I am so accustomed to going to bed super early on Christmas Eve to get up for a big Christmas Day breakfast and presents, it still doesn't feel right quite yet. :D

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Klaw,

Whew! I was wondering about that. Thanks for clearing that up.

You too CC

6. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The boyfriend was deeply confused when I explained to him that we'd have to arrive at Canuck's house waayyy before 10 pm on Noche Buena. I explained that the child could not stay up until midnight for dinner.

He still isn't completely clear on the situation.

7. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :D :D :D

Yeah, don't think we'll be doing a big sit down at midnight dinner. We can eat whenever we like and have leftovers all night so we don't get ridiculously drunk.

What time are you coming anyways Mel?

8. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You all have a great Christmas eve party and a wonderfully sleepy Christmas day down in Cancun.

9. WolfCandy3x

WolfCandy3x Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi all

We'll be experiencing Xmas in cancun this year... I'll miss my sons ( Wolf here )..
    First Xmas without them :( But candy on the other Hand Can't wait ... lollll

Oh well, we'll be bar hopping that day... Arriving at 10h35 on the 24TH

Wolf and Candy

Ps: Somebody needs stuff from canada... Cancuncanuck... Maple Butter? lollll

10. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds yummy but I am sooo content right now. Thanks, very kind! Have a wonderful trip and a tropical Christmas. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice