Chiles en Nogada

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Ana, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is that time of the year again....

Chiles en Nogada

This mexican and traditional dish served just 4 weeks of the year is now available, is a Delicious chile poblano fill with meat, almonds, raisins and then topped with granada (the friut) and Nogada (nut reduction) and served cold.

The best ones in Canun are at La Guadalupana (need to order early becuase they sold out quick) and the secon ones are served at La Dolce Vitta Down Town made by a women that works for the red cross and all the incomes goes to the Red Cross.

Try them !! :wink:

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    That sounds familiar. Did you once make this when we were at your place??

Also, what is the reason it's served only 4 weeks a year?

3. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes I served two or 3 years ago, the reason is that one of the main ingedients "Granada" is a seasson fruit only available 4 weeks of the year.

Long time since last lunch, we should try a new place at least once every 2 months :wink:

4. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Sounds good to me, actually there are a few business things I wanted to talk to you about now we have the newly relaunched site.

In case you (and others) haven't seen it:
    http://www.cancuncare.com/

But you're the jet setter who's never in Mexico and I'm the one who stays at home all day long :) So let me know when and where is good for you, it's my turn to buy. Or you could come over to our place one day and have something here.

5. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes I saw it and love it.

This monthe will be a little complicated for me, Thursday 4th of October is Wero B´Day, Friday 5 we land in Mexico to attend the Miguel Bosé Concert and come back on Monday.

10 of October is our 20th anniversary and the 14 of October land in LA for 2 days then attend GLWW annual meeting at Maui, visit Honolulu, take a cruise for 14 days and come back the 4 of November.

How about the 8 or 9? :-|

Sorry but it is really a crazy month

6. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    LOL Like I said, you're the International Jetsetter I just sit here all day :) I'll fit in with whatever you can do.

8th or 9th is fine by us. I'll Pm you later (probably this evening) to arrange time / place etc.

7. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Back to Chiles En Nogada
    Some of the Best Chiles are Made by a Señora that has a Fonda Directly behind Omega on Uxmal. She is from Puebla originally and has excellent Sopes and Comida Corrida as well. Every year she makes Chiles En Nogada filling Hundreds of orders.
    If you are on Uxmal going from Tulum the Fonda on the street right after Omega, it is a one way street that exits on Uxmal so if your in a car you have to go up one more street make a right and come back out on the street the Fonda is located on.

8. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I try her chiiles in Nogada butg nithing like the ones at Guadalupana, however this weekend was the end of season so we will have to wait until next year :cry:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice