Chichen Itza trip?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by MrHammy, Feb 18, 2007.

1. VivaCancun!

VivaCancun! Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd love to go to Chichen Itza this year but is it true that El Castillo is closed indefinitely because it was deemed unsafe? :cry: That would be a bummer since that's one of the main attractions. Either way, I'll still end up going there probably. :D

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I heard they'd opened the Castillo back up to climbers.

I agree with TJ, Ek Balam is great, I love it there. And Coba is great too. Tulum is useless imho, except for it's beach which is great.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My thoughts

If YingYang's hubby is a history buff, here is what I would do. Rent a car early one morning and drive to Valladolid. I recommend Hotel Meson de Marquez. That afternoon go to Ek Balam, a 20 minute drive. Next day go to the cenotes in Valladolid and late morning head to Chichen Itza, returning that night to Valladolid.

Next day, go to Coba, about 45 minutes away. Either check out that morning and then after Coba, head to Tulum. Stay in Tulum or head to Playa del Carmen. If you do not check out, just return to Valladolid. It is such a small town but there is always something to do, even if it is catching a movie in the 2 screen theater.

PM me if you have any detailed questions.

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey TJ, I want to do that trip, that sounds great. Valladolid is a perfect jumping off spot for those 3 ruins. Thanks for the idea.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice