Chichen Itza special "Wonder" Celebration

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Ana, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got back from spending a great weekend at Chichen Itza and hold special tour and celebration at Mayaland and attend the Yucatan goverment celebration after listen to the new 7 WW will try to make a TR tomorrow.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Sounds good, cant wait to hear about it.

BTW is Nuria in every issue of Cancunissimo? Certainly everyone I pick up her pic is there!

3. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ana, I would love to read your report, I haven't been to Chichen Itza for years.

4. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    chichen itza

We're debating on whether to go to Chichen Itza this fall or wait till our spring trip which would put us there at the spring equinox. In the spring would be a blast but I'm wondering whether it is usually so crowded as to make it NOT fun. We're going to do Merida either this fall or the spring. . .whichever one we decide NOT to do Chichen Itza on.

5. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes, I can't wait for your TR of this....we absolutely love the ruins and try to visit different ones each time we go. :cool:

6. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We depart on Thursday 06 at 14:00 to Mayaland with just one child and her best friend as the others are 1 in Canada and 1 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina; and another marriage with kids.

As usual and almost “to do” we stop at the last both of the rest area to eat tacos of Cochinita, Relleno Negro, Lomitos, Chaya con Huevo, Lechon and more with a fantastic cold beer.

After doing the check in at our Bungalows in Mayaland we proceed to the lobby bar to wait some of the news/ tv paper invited to the event and take some drinks with them as well as fresh shrimp, tuna and more while talking and dreaming to be on of the NEW 7 Wonders.

07/07/2007

I wake up very early with a call from office that we have a passenger with what looks as an epileptic attack on the motor coach, after giving all the instructions to look for paramedics under the bridges or Angeles Verdes and return this passenger to Cancun plus a second attack at the motor coach passenger arrive to Mayaland and take the guided tour.

When they were eating lunch a third attack comes and I was in charge of the man,; after taking care of his tongue and throat and make sure he was breathing I talk to paramedics, they came, make a quick test and told me that he was either suffering from a heart or brian attack but they can not remain there as they were in charge of the archeological zone, after getting the pressure lecture of 180 /170 they told me he can not be alone.

I ask the manager of Mayaland to give him a room with AC and all facilities in front of the pool where we were in front, he also put to security guards on the door and I remain outside (while the 7 wonders of the world were announced) and suddenly the 4th attack begin, Everybody shout me as I was the only one that know what to do;

After a lot of effort we were able to get his tongue out, a wallet in his mouth and get him back in an ambulance to a Hospital in Cancun. I miss the celebration, the announcement and got more than 15 kicks in my legs trying to help this man and black marks on my skin; next TR2 will be about all the other pleasant and great events.

7. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    awwww, Ana ... so sorry to hear that you had to be the nurse,
    but Thank God you were there to help!

Did you ever find out if he was okay?

8. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, he arrive OK to the hospital and got out on Monday.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Wow, not quite what I was expecting but well done! and I hope you didnt miss the good bits.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice