Chesters Pasta

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by LTL, May 5, 2010.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gringation,

You would have to know my daughter to appreciate the following. She is so precious and recently promoted and transferred to The Big Apple, so even though she is my offspring, she is a smart cookie.

BUT, when asking her 3-4 years ago how she wanted her GPS installed, she did not want it installed, prefering to carry it in her purse and put it on the seat when needed. Her answer to my obvious question, this being while she was heading to her internship in Nashville, was that she could walk to lunch and be able to find the office when she needed to get back.

After graduation, while in the Orlando area, where she had lived her whole life, she got lost while trying to find a new gelato place, she called Dad for help. Her GPS was in another purse, probably a Prada but that's another story. She was at the corner of Aloma and Forsyth and wanted to know which way to turn to get home. I asked her what direction she was headed and at which corner of the intersection she was at the moment, perfectly logical questions from a guy, or from Trina and ToriB. She had no clue but wondered what possible difference it made, not occuring to her that there were 4 each of left and right turn options and without this info, I would have a 1 in 8 chance of guessing right. She did say that there was a Seven-11 on the corner. We finally figured it out when I started talking female with her. "Kristen, my love, stop the car for one second. OK, now which way would you have to turn to get to the Oviedo Marketplace Mall." It was simple at that point. She was home in about 30 minutes.

2. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ - Seems like a logical question to me!

Your daughter (while fashionable) sounds a bit directionally challenged. My family went to the same church every Sunday for forever. When my older sister got her drivers license, she didn't know how to get there. We make fun of her a lot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice