Chesters Pasta

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by LTL, May 5, 2010.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the misogynistic slam TJ, always nice to see your true colors.

You are correct, it's a little bit shorter if you come from the intersection of Coba and La Costa and then go down La Costa and turn left at the Oxxo and go up the block. Looking at the map I can see that this is indeed a bit shorter.

But if you turn onto Acapulco from Coba it is, in my mind, easier for several reasons...and I think that's why I figured it was shorter. One is that La Costa has that frickin' loud bumpy pavement and I detest driving on it even for a single block, plus you have to cross a tope before you turn. Both of those bumpy things make me feel that it takes longer than if I drive on a street with normal pavement and no topes. Also going down Acapulco from Coba feels more direct to me because I can see the park and Cheester's sooner.

I don't think my being a girl has anything to do with this. I did great in geometry. I think it's a user experience issue, my experience of going down Acapulco is better, so I assumed, incorrectly, that it was shorter. That said, I will continue to go to LOOOOONG way because I LIKE it better!

(Side note: When we were looking to buy a condo to rent out we saw one on Palenque which was a bargain, and we loved everything about it, but Palanque too has that bumpy-ass pavement and every car that went by made a horrible-lot of noise because of it. We didn't buy that condo because of that noisy, bumpy, nasty pavement.)

2. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Afraid that's an urban legend unless "16 aƱos ha formado negocios. Cheester es resultado de su experiencia acumulada trabajando como gerente en varios restaurantes de primer nivel." has the Ritz hidden in there. Read his bio at Cheester.

The site, I'm sure for RG, will be an elegant form of Internet torture.

3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I'm sure it didn't, either, RG, ToriB and Trina both being girls.

You should try those fake cobbles on a bike some time: talk about torture!

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So why start a paragraph with "Nearly all females..."

Oh dear, what an awful site, I feeeeel so baaaad for them. And now my stomach hurts. Not even proper SEO. Ouch. Wretch. Blech. Lost my appetite, no Cheester's for me today. HAHA.

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry RG. Could not resist. "my true colors". Guess I never got over you posting that I was a dirty old man. I am old but not dirty. Jeje.

You owe me the next dig and I will take it like I give it; with a smile on my face.

Cheers,

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ - You can jump on me for making an a&& of myself here, I do it often, and deserve &hit for it.

But don't dig on "nearly all females..." please, my gender is no less intelligent than yours and we are more likely to graduate from college. So let's not go there.

I apologize for calling you a dirty old man.

7. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Don't go there....

"Nearly all (human) females" seem to have a different orientation to space from their male counterparts. This makes listening to them give directions to each other interesting to listen to, but frustrating to have to listen to if you're trying to get directions from them.

It goes like this, "Head down Coba, you'll see IMSS and people are going to be standing outside, if it's early in the morning, just keep going, you're gonna need to turn left (pause for breath), but if you see Walmart, you've gone too far,...."

Same directions, as spoken by men, "Head down Coba until you reach Yaxchilan, then turn left. Go to the second intersection and turn left; you'll see it on the right, about 75 meters from the intersection."

Women manage to get there, too, and have great patience with each other when giving and getting directions: men perhaps, not so much, so they usually try to keep it to the point, and they get there too....

If you look back, I think you'll see Tori's directions on one end of this scale, with Trina's tending towards the middle. RG's was the most economical, and direct, but still had the flavor of the fairer sex to it.

T.J., always the gentleman, in spite of anything said about him to the contrary, puts his directions, when he gives them on this forum, in a style that will be easily followed by the ladies.

V.:icon_wink:

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V - You and TJ can go form the dirty old misogynist's club. I can set you up with a Facebook page if you want. And we will see how many people Like that thinking.

I remember an old "Bert and I" skit where someone was giving directions that went something like this: "head out by Martha's house and a half a mile before that turn left..."

I think that men and women communicate differently. But there are lots of other factors that go into communication too, and I think other factors are more important.

People who are better educated often communicate more clearly. At least they use commas.

People with higher intelligence often communicate better.

I think that people with more balanced left-right brain usage communicate better. This is based on my personal experience with the people I know. The ambidextrous ones are among the best communicators.

And people who have training in communication, marketing or writing communicate better. They are trained to say things clearly.

I seriously think the presence of boobs is not a major factor in how someone writes directions.

9. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    It's in the misogynist interpretation that you go decidedly wrong.

The differences between men and women are manifold, and well known. Among them, though these are not the most important, are that women's brains have proportionally more white matter, and some areas of the brain more convoluted; neither men's nor women's arms hang straight down at the side, but women's arms bend more, so that their arms clear their wider hips, when swinging back to front (167 degrees, average, for women; 173 degrees for men).

A behavioral, rather than anatomical difference I've noticed, which I find women never appreciate having pointed out, but which other observant men will also have noticed, is the unconscious stroking of the buttocks that women engage in: I like to call it, "checking to see if their ass is still there".

My interpretation is that it's unconscious signaling of some sort, because I've noticed that the frequency of it goes up markedly, though it's never entirely absent, when women are in the presence of a man they find exciting. It usually involves a single, firm and broad stroke of the hand across the buttock, from inside out, repeated periodically. I've yet to meet a woman who was aware she does it: I've yet to meet a woman who doesn't do it.

Men who love women, love the differences, whether they find them impressive, or merely amusing.

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  10. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think it's because we have nicer butts than boys do. And they feel pretty damn good in a nice pair of jeans.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice