Chesters Pasta

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by LTL, May 5, 2010.

1. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Google Maps

I can find it from this. Thanks. Av La Costa seems to be MIA.

2. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you to all you Centroistas. We'll be munching there later today! I'll leave a breadcrumb trail so I can find our way home.

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you know where Mauricio Mendoza's office is then you can get to Cheester, it's a stone's throw away from his office.

If you are on Coba heading toward Soriana take the last right before Kabah, there's an Oxxo on the corner, drive half a block then you will see the park, go around the park to Cheester's. There's no need to go up La Costa and then turn left, that is just making the trip longer.

Just make sure you don't want to eat at Cheester's during their employee dinner break, I'm stupid and always get hungry for Cheester's at 6 pm.

I understand that the founder of Cheester's used to be a chef at the Ritz. I also understand that they have a location in Playa, and a new location in Cancun which is close to the old Cancun location...? Not sure. They keep mentioning something about a new location on their FB page.

5. LTL

LTL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry about the name misspell on the name, I thought that this place was new.

If you have not been yet, keep in mind that they are cash only.

6. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RG - I heard about their new location too! Nobody seems to know where it is, but apparently they only sell pizza, no pasta. Dying to try it out!

7. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RG's directions were spot on and of course, I've driven by the place a hundred times and never paid attention. Doh!

The food was great as was the service. I had pasta with bacon and mushrooms (Pasta Corleone). My wife had Pasta Diabalo (Chipotle cream and ham).

They serve a really hot habenero/mayo sauce with little bread rolls. Of course we overordered and asked to pack up half of each order to go. I casually mentioned to the waiter that the habanero sauce was terrific. When he brought the packed leftovers back to the table there was a container of the sauce. That's what I call paying attention.

I had a naranjada to drink, large and sweet. My wife had Liminada, tinted red with just a touch of cranberry juice. Also delicious.

Prices were silly reasonable, the place was crowded, I'd go back in a heartbeat. Four thumbs up!

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, time to pick on RG again, or maybe just to straighten her out. ToriB's and Trina's directions are in fact shorter in distance than RG's.

Nearly all females, my g/f at the top of the list, fail to understand that the distance around a block, from Corner A to Corner C, the diagonally opposite corner, is equadistant provided, no matter which way you go around the block to get there, provide that the block is a perfect rectangle with 4 corners of 90 degrees each. In this case however, the tangent angles of Coba and La Costa are such that La Costa is actually getting closer to Corner C, while Coba is getting farther away from corner C. Therefore the distance of RG's route is in fact longer than the route of Tori and Trina. If you look at both routes simultaneously on Google, the naked eye can easily see that the La Costa route, is shorter than than the other route. If the corners were all 90 degrees, it would be exactly the same distance, so what is the point of an alternate route based on an incorrect argument. If you turn right, as RG suggests, on Acapulco, you still have to get to the corner of Acapulco and Progreso, as you do with the other route but in this case it is longer and not shorter.

As a public service and in the interest of conservation of our fossil fuels, I feel obligated to point this out. Plus, everyone does not know where Mauricio's office is, but certainly anyone could locate a McDonalds and find Cheesters from the routes posted at the same minute by Tori and Trina. I am not sure of RG's point in this case, unless she is suggesting walking part of the route, or, if driving, you go the wrong way on two one way streets.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRINA. YOU ROCK.

9. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Since I am a regular client of Mauricio, and RG is aware of that relationship, hers were the easiest directions to follow as they involved mental imagery of the route already in place in my mind.

Looking at the map, I understand the point TJ has made and I will apologize to the first squirrel I meet for the extra one-thousandth of a liter of fuel I consumed following this more familiar route. I will also go outside and hug a tree, forthwith.

Keep up the good work, TJ :headbanger:.

10. CancunGringa

CancunGringa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I found this address for the new location on their Facebook page:

Sm 29 calle playalarga #30 a una cuadra de tacos rigo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice