Chesters Pasta

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by LTL, May 5, 2010.

1. LTL

LTL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone been there yet?

I went there the other night and it was pretty good with huge portions of pasta good for two (80-120 pesos) plus huge healthy fresh salads, good for two as well (45 - 60 pesos).

I tried to go back on Sunday but they were closed.

2. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not sure what the hours are but Cheesters seem to only be open at night.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hours are M-Sat:
    2:30 pm - 6:00 pm
    7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
    They give their employees a dinner break.

Cheester | Facebook

We eat there often, yum.

4. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Go there all the time. Usually my fiance and I will split a pasta. it's some of the best pasta I've ever had.

Make sure to check out their "rules" before you order anything. I made the mistake of special ordering something last year, and the chef came out and yelled at me.

5. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's my fault. TJ always says I don't get around enough. Where is this place? It would be nice if their Facebook page gave an address, but then again, it wouldn't be Cancun if it did, would it?

6. Gringation

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can never remember exactly, but there's a park in SM 31 (near Avenida La Costa) with a basketball court. It's right next to the basketball court.

I think if you turn in at the Oxxo on La Costa, you should get to the park from there.

7. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to be a boob, but that's Greek to me. I think TJ is right. In the five years I've been here, I don't recall even seeing La Costa, so I'm going to need something a little more focused.

Oddly enough, if you try to find it with Google Earth, you get taken directly to the Cheester (and it is Cheester, not Chester) in Playa del Carmen. So even Google can't find it :aktion061:.

8. Gringation

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sm 31 is where Kabah and Coba intersect, where the Catedral is (and the ombligo verde).

If you look up Kabah and Coba on Google maps, you'll see La Costa nearby (running North to South). Zoom in on the neighborhood between Kabah and La Costa. If you zoom in close enough, it will say "Parque de la 31" in a square area. That's where Cheesters is.

Sorry, I'm not savvy enough to link to Google maps :(

9. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My bf used to live in SM31..... if you are driving up Coba from the HZ, At the next light after the Electra (sp), there is a McDonalds. You can see the Golden Arches for about a mile. That is La Costa...make a right, and then a left at the OXXO. You are now on Progreso. That takes you to the park two blocks away. When you get to the opposite end of the park, look to your left, Chesters is down that street. But I think it is one way the other way. I am not sure.
    I hope that helps

10. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Coming from the hotel zone towards Home Depot on Coba you will come to an stop light with the Macdonalds that is in Plaza Las Palmas on your left. Take a right there onto La Costa, then go about a block until the first tope. There is an Oxxo on your left. Turn left and follow that street to the park with the basketball courts and Cheesters is on the far side of the park. Hard to miss it from there especially at night when its all lit up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice