Chedraui Points Card

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Gringation, May 10, 2010.

1. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just a heads up...

I went to Chedraui last week and they gave me a points card!! So exciting. Even more exciting when I found out that I get 10 pesos on the card for every 100 I spend. I spent $600 pesos (with a vale card, not cash) and the next time I went, sure enough I had $60 pesos on the card. Suh-weet!

You can only spend it around quincena. (2 days before through 2 days after quincena.) Still, I ain't complainin.

Anyone know if there's a catch to these things? It sounds too good to be true.

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Gringation, sounds like you're referring to one of those plastic cards they will give you, if asked (you can still get the savings, even if you don't have the plastic card, through the use of paper, temporary cards they offer you).

It's even better than you suppose. If, when you go through checkout, you present your card and ask to pay with points, they will immediately apply points where possible to your purchases. This privilege is not limited by dates, in my experience with it (last 12 months).

If you care to accumulate them, you can use points in making larger purchase which require larger amounts of points to get a savings of any kind; but, I usually just ask to apply my points every time I shop.

This discount program makes Soriana not only a nice place to shop, but often a cheaper place to shop, as well.

3. Gringation

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No, not Soriana. Chedraui!! (Which is even more awesome because it's already a lot cheaper than Soriana to begin with)

4. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Chedraui, how cool! I've asked them before about any discount program, and they've consistently denied they had one. Perhaps this is something new!

The Chedraui nearest me is consistently annoying with the poor service given by the checkout staff, and the frequent interruptions caused by items not being priced, or their running out of change; but, this may make those inconveniences seem just a little more manageable.

As for my post about Soriana, I'll let it stand....

5. Gringation

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V - I think it is new, since I know some people who shop there frequently and knew nothing about it. I wouldn't have known either, except they offered me one at the pharmacy. I go to the Chedraui at Plaza Las Americas.

Although Soriana is more expensive, I will say that the quality is much better than anywhere else (especially produce, seafood and bakery).

6. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Yes, and I find the customer service there to be at a much higher level.

It's the meat that draws me to Soriana, mainly. I've not found anywhere else to shop that offers such flavorful beef.

This could be an area in which other posters can expand my horizons!

7. Gringation

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good news! I'd originally posted that Chedraui only accepted the points card within 2 days of quincena... but it seems that now they accept it every day!!

Hurray!!

Free card that they give you as soon as you ask. Gives you 10% value in points on whatever you buy.

I'm easy to please :)

8. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got the points card in most supermarkets here in Cancun(Wal Mart the exception..? Cant remember since I avoid Wal Mart as much as possible.)

Soriana, Chedraui and Commercial so far :)

Its always a nice surprise when they ask for it and tell you that "oh, you have 150 pesos, do you want to use them to pay?" Ummm, YES PLEASE! ;)

EDIT: Gringation: We have had these cards for at least a year. Maybe they have started to promote them more to keep customers..?

It also seems way smoother than when we first got them. Progress :)

9. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    We like shopping at Soriana, and Chedraui in Plaza las Americas, where they insist we take their card, and get instant savings! I'm really glad Chedruai is getting on board, offering savings across the board, in addition to discounts on specific purchases.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice