Cheap Tix to DF

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Feb 12, 2009.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are back from DF now.

Against the advice of nearly all (except for one close friend who convinced me it was worth it if you could afford it) we did rent a car. We experienced traffic only once, on the way to the airport today, the rest of the time traffic was better than Cancun. Having a car really made everything cushy.

We rode the subway once. And we walked for miles, which was great.

Mexico City is gorgeous. We had a great trip. We didn't have time for everything we'd hoped to do, so we left wanting more.

The only disappointment was that we couldn't find Thai food when we wanted it...because we never asked the right person I guess. Next time I'll research that a bit. Silly me for expecting exotic food to be easy to find in one of the biggest cities in the world...

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Glad you enjoyed your trip. We had the same problem, saw lots of Indian restaurants online but never was able to find one.

Did you go to Teotihuacan?

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We did not go to Teotihuacan. Next time. This time we stayed in the city. I'll be posting photos and a blog post in the next few days...as soon as I catch up on the 85 emails that need attending...

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have enjoyed Teotihuacan the times that I have been there. Two huge structures to climb(?) if that is the right word. Having such a high elevation it kicks your butt. Nothing like Peru or Bolivia though, with more than double the elevation of DF in some places. Makes us gringos forget all about the "Mile High City".

5. aaamigo2203

aaamigo2203 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ,

Pyramids or pirámides.

If you go to el Cerro del Tepozteco in Tepoztlan, Morelos (just South of Mexico City) and visit the ruins of the god of pulque's sanctuary, then you'll get your workout for a week.

Tepoztlan is a really cool place to visit. It has both pre and post-hispanic atractives, great authentic, traditional food, temazcal spas and there have also been multiple UFO sights there as well.

6. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice