Cheap Tix to DF

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Feb 12, 2009.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One of the most interesting (to me) aspects of art history is to try to get a sense of how artists might have influenced each other. I don't care of Diego Rivera's work (much) but I do find it interesting to think about he would have influenced Frida, and vice versa.

The French Impressionists were influenced by Japanese woodblock prints (which were being used as packaging material for good shipped to France at the time). I find in fascinating to see how the Impressionists changed their work as they saw more and more of this work from Japan. Another digression.

Jim - Thanks for the pix, hubby was transfixed by them.

We will stay with chilango hubby's family, so that will be free.

Anyone know of a good only DF map? I'd like to mark my points of interest and then use that to plan my days.

I think this will be a fun trip. My hubby has never been a tourist in DF before (even tho he's been to most of the places I want to go). And I love big cities, so I'm ready to drag him around for 18 hours a day while we are there.

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A week ago my friend bought 3 r/t tix to DF on Mexicana for $4,029.03. The day she bought them the exchange rate was $14.00 so the cost per ticket was only $95.93 USD per ticket.

She got a way better deal than Rivergirl's $112 US and the travel was for March 13-16, on a Friday and Monday.

Oh yeah. I helped make the reservation too.

3. aaamigo2203

aaamigo2203 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Being from Mexico City, I could go on and on about this, but I'll just let you do your homework and explore.

Here's a link you might find helpful:
    http://www.df.gob.mx/wb/gdf/cultura_y_turismo

I'm not gonna comment on Rivera, Kahlo, Orozco, Anguiano, Velazquez, etc., etc., etc., but I'll just say my Diego was my father's teacher waaaaay back then.

On the flight deals, let me just say that I've gotten R/T tickets for just over $50 bucks. I'll also be going to Monterrey in Abril. Wanna know the price? ... a bit over $200 Pesos total one way.

Saludos y buen viaje! :D

4. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Monterrey on the cheap?? Vivaaeobus, right?

5. aaamigo2203

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Si Jim,

vivaaerobus
    I believe they are partners with Ryanair.

6. aaamigo2203

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

We were planning to rent a car, but my bro-in-law just called (he's from DF but lives in the US now), he says he thinks a car will be more of a pain than it's worth. He thinks we should use the subway and the double-decker tourist bus (which has a stop in Tlalpan where we will be staying... Any thoughts on whether we should ge ta car?

8. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Smart move--a car in Mexico City and they would have to bring you back to Cancun in a straight jacket. When yo get back to Cancun you will be soooo happy with our "small town" traffic problems (at least for about a day and a half) and even our security problems. JMHO

9. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RG: Id stick to buses, trains and metro... Driving in DF is HELL....

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My hubby drove a taxi in DF when he was a teenager...I think he thinks driving there is a competitive sport...maybe that's why he wants to rent a car.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice