Chantix

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by ham23662, Apr 26, 2007.

1. ham23662

ham23662 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know this is probably going to be a shot in the dark, but I will ask anyhow. Does anyone know if the drug Chantix is available in MX? It is to help you quite smoking, so my insurance does not cover it. It is fairly expensive out of the pocket. I was wondering if while I was down there next week if I could buy it from the pharmacy. Also, if anyone knows if I would need a MX Perscription for it.

Any help would be appreciated. I am finally ready to quite smoking......Wish me luck, I will need it!! :evil:

2. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Chantix is generically known as Varenicline. The pharmacy on Tulum near the big Banamex branch close to Av Uxmal has a computerized system that is fairly good at cross-identifying drug names and they do a fairly good job of quick ordering what they do not stock. You should be careful of dose size as there may be differences from the "branded" medication.

That being said, I hope you are taking this drug under the direction of a physician. The urge to self-medicate, which is easily accomplished in Mexico, is never a good idea.

3. ham23662

ham23662 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info!

Yes, it has been prescribed by PCP. I just have not filled it yet. I am not planning on taking it until I get back from Cancun since I plan on drinking while I am there. I know I would be setting myself up for failure to try to quite now. Since I rarely drink other than vacations, I plan on begining on May 15th.

4. PEACHES123

PEACHES123 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

OMG We are in the same boat!!! But I never thought of buying it in Cancun. Thanks for the tip. :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice