Changing Room Types Mid Trip

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by markandmelly, Feb 1, 2020.

1. markandmelly

markandmelly Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Curious if many people stay in one room type for part of their trip and then switch to another room type during same trip? Is this common?
    Example: Arrive and check into garden room then switch to tower or suite room part way through trip.
    Other than packing all your stuff, how much of pain is it to move while on site? Do the check-in and check-out times apply the same to room swaps?

2. Edward-Alli

Edward-Alli Photofucker Registered Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 7
    This upcoming trip we will have to change rooms. We are premier members and our room type of plush Jacuzzi was sold out for the 1st two days so we have a garden view for them days then transfer to our regular room

3. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    We switched rooms last time. It was our first. I had read about people switching rooms before, because they didn't like there room for whatever reason, and I always thought it would not be worth the effort. Last trip we had a Tower room that was blasted by the sun first thing in the morning, and requested a new room on the other side of the Tower. They were able to get a room for us on the third day. We travel pretty light, carry on only, but it's still 6 days worth of clothes that we had completely unpacked.

I found the move to be no problem at all, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. We thru our stuff in our bags, which only took about :15, then gave them to the front desk people, and headed out to the pool for the day. When we were done at the hot tub after about 7:00, grabbed our luggage, or told them to bring them to our new room, not sure which, and after they reprogrammed our wrist bands we were set.

I guess it depends on how much stuff you travel with, but for us worth it, and easy.

4. avballguy

avballguy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 1
    Had to do it for my last day on my trip in Nov. and will do it after my first day for my trip in May. Other than repacking, not having a room for 4-5 hours between checking out of one and checking into the other one once it becomes available, it can be an inconvenience. For me it wasn't a big deal because once I leave the room in the morning I usually don't go back until it's time to get ready for dinner.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice