Change of address for FM 3 - Anyone done this?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I have to update my FM 3 to show my new address. Obviously, I'm trying to get this done with as few trips as possible.

I already have a letter from the landlord stating where I live. Anything more required?

I'm sure a few people will have gone through this before.

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have done it but it was a few years ago so who knows if they have any new requirements! It was a pretty painless process though and they seem to appreciate that you do it as many people don't. When I did it I had the rental contract which is in Jorge's name and a letter from him stating that I rented from him. I believe I also brought in a comprobante domicilio but that wasn't in my name so not sure if it actually helped or not. Basically, bring anything you can to prove you live there, a notarized contract is always best.

Good luck, hope it is hassle free!

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  4. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm going from memory here but bring these things: copies of your new contract, copies of your new landlords ID, and a new comprobante de domicilio. I'm certain that you will probably need a letter in Spanish telling them what it is you would like to do. Make sure you check your address change once they've made it. They screwed mine up once and it had to be corrected.

5. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If the comprobante de domicilio isn't in your name I believe you need a letter from the holder stating that they know you ro live at that address and also a copy of his or her's ID

6. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Isn't napoleonic law such a wonderful thing!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice