Centro Cancun Bars

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Jeff and Bob in Haverhill, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Jeff and Bob in Haverhill

Jeff and Bob in Haverhill Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey everyone! Only 3 more days till we leave for Cancun!!!

Does anybody have info on any of the downtown Cancun gay clubs? We hit Glo and Karamba last year and had a great time. We heard that Picante Bar is a place to check out, and also that there's a new club just outside of the downtown area (supposedly a 5 minute taxi ride). Any info woudl be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Jeff

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Karamba is still rocking, though I heard that Glow had closed. Picante is actually kind of seedy, I wouldn't really recommend it. I haven't heard about a new gay club, though what you are describing kind of sounds like "Pure", not necessarily gay, but I think it's friendly.

Let me ask those in the know and I'll try to post tomorrow. Have a great trip!

3. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey....I'm from Haverhill too!

4. Jeff and Bob in Haverhill

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey Canuck,

Thanks! When we went to Glo last year the place was dead - we still had a great time tho. We were told that Glo never got busy on a Sunday night (when we went) - maybe they never got busy at all - too bad - great music and light show.
    Jeff

5. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry that I can't answer your question for you, my contact in Cancun who would know the answer to the question no longer lives in Cancun.....

But I did want to pop in to say WELCOME to CancunCare Jeff & Bob!!!

I hope you can get your answers before you leave....not much time left. I'll do a websearch to see if I can find some updated information online someplace.

Michelle

6. Jeff and Bob in Haverhill

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Michelle

Thanks for saying hi and welcome! Only 1 more day of work for me then we leave on Saturday - I can't wait!!! As for the bars, I've done some searches, but haven't found any recent info out there. I'm hoping for more recent info here, but if not - no biggie - I just can't wait to get there!

Jeff

7. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really don't think this link is up to date, but you might find some of the info useful. http://arcoiris.8m.net/custom.html

I had forgotten about the "pink pages" until reading through the site and I know that I've seen them for free in Cancun at various stores, by the doors. That would have some current info in it.

I'll keep looking.....

Michelle

8. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. Jeff and Bob in Haverhill

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanx! I didn't know about the pink pages - I'll keep an eye out for them when we get there.

Only 1 day and 3 hours of work left till vaca! Whoo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!

10. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you go to Club Sandwich for lunch or dinner, they'll definitely point you in the right direction. It's owned by the same couple that owns Karamba (and is right underneath is actually). Enjoy some good food and cheap beer and get the scoop on the scene here.

Here's the site for Club Sandwich....

http://www.clubsandwichcancun.com/Index.html

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice