Cell phones

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by royale, Jan 27, 2008.

1. BCstandsFor

BCstandsFor I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Water proof case,...mines comin. I also have ATT/cingular, so I'll do as the Dennis does I suppose.

2. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    for Cingular Customers:

http://www.wireless.att.com/travelg...s.jsp?CIDL=484&MNC=CING&DID1=287&DID2=&STEP=5

and AT&T Mexico plan details:
    http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/affordable-world-packages.jsp#5

AT&T® Mexico™ $4.99 per month
    With AT&T Mexico, get competitive rates that allow you to stay in touch, no matter where in Mexico you call or go.*
    Call 1-800-331-0500 to sign up now.
    $0.59 per minute while roaming in Mexico
    $0.09 per minute when calling from the U.S. to a Mexican wireline
    $0.25 per minute when calling from the U.S. to a Mexican wireless device
    *Outside this destination, standard rates apply.

--

Sending Text, Picture, and Video Messages when outside the U.S.

Text Messages $0.50 per message sent
    Picture and Video Messages $1.30 per message sent

Package rates apply to all text, picture or video messages received when roaming internationally.

--

Data Global Plans for iPhones
    Keep up with email and browse the web with your iPhone when you travel abroad.

While using data on iPhone is unlimited within the U.S., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, international data roaming can get expensive quickly. Consider that opening an email with a 5 megapixel picture in it, or downloading a 3 minute video on YouTube each takes about 2MB of data. That's why AT&T has created two Data Global Plans for iPhones with lower rates in 29 countries*.
    There are two packages available:

$24.99: 20MB Data Global Plan gives you 20MB** of usage within 29 countries*
    $59.99: 50MB Data Global Plan gives you 50MB*** of usage within 29 countries*
    *Discounted countries include: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Taiwan. These countries are subject to change. Please view DataConnect Global "Select" countries for an accurate list.

**20MB Data Global Plan:
    Overage rate is $.005/KB within the 29 discounted countries.
    Rate outside these 29 countries is $.0195/KB

***50MB Data Global Plan:
    Overage rate is $.005/KB within the 29 discounted countries.
    Rate outside the 29 countries is $.010/KB except in Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Belarus, Bolivia, Bosnia/Herzegovina, Brunei, Chile, Faroe Islands, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Macau, Macedonia (former Yugoslavia), Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Venezuela where the rate is $.0195/KB.

AT&T offers these iPhone International traveling tips to help you keep control of data usage.

Please Note:
    1MB = 1024KB
    $.0195/KB = about $20/MB
    $.010/KB = about $10/MB
    $.005/KB = about $5/MB

3. EnglishButler

EnglishButler Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We get ripped off with calls outside of the EU. They want well over £1 a minute to call and receive calls. Text's will be 35p each. I will take my phone mainly for the camera, but will put a foreign SIM in so i don't use it when i am drunk.

4. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I am in Canada and I take my phone all the time, I find that the text messaging with my provider serves me well when I am away..Much cheaper than making an actual call..

5. royale

royale Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have ATT cingular, but I wont be going with their International roaming plan. .59 per minute is a rip off when I can pay about $20 for a calling card which is good for over 200 minutes atleast I believe which is .10 per minute. Its cheaper and you can have a local number as well. Just get your cell phone unlocked, then go to the drug store and pick up a foreign SIM card. Its really the way to go!

Only down side is you will have a local mexico number, but its probaly cheaper for people in the US to call mexico then for a cell phone user to be roaming.

6. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    all of which is much more important if you are actually calling anyone or picking up the phone while in Cancun... I'd rather just use my own phone if making the absolutely necessary 2 or 3 calls back home that week. I don't plan to have time for chatting with anyone that I'm not drinking with :cool:

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I would make sure you don't get nailed when using the calling card...From your cell phone..They tend to find sneaky ways to charge you for things

8. royale

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    haha what if you meet a local lady down there that wants to give you a ring? I cant expect them to call some US number, it would be easier for them dont you think.

I guess I m more into latinas then the drunk college chick I see all the time in the states :)

9. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well actually calling from a mexican cell phone to a US cell phone its quite expensive, like $2.50 per minute, but we get to text for only $0.08 so its kinda cool, i do it all the time... im def taking mine hahahahaha :bounce:

10. royale

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yup.. thats why I will be converting my US cell phone to a Mexico cell phone so it would be easier for the locals.

:wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice