Cell phones

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by royale, Jan 27, 2008.

1. royale

royale Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So does everyone leave their cell phones at home? Its really expensive to pay roaming over seas. Are there any options to buy a sim card to use out there?

2. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If your cellphone company has an international plan, get it hooked up for the week you'll be down there.

I have AT&T/Cingular and when I did this my calls were only about 50 cents/minute.

It's good to have it down there in case of an emergency, you just don't carry it with you all over the place or call/text all day.

If the people back home needed to know what's going on in Cancun all day, they should have booked a trip :cool:

3. royale

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Awesome! I have ATT as well, I guess its better then finding a pay phone out in the hood.

4. KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND

KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Leave your cellphone in your safe, and go to a telcel agent and buy yourself a cheap phone for like $15 US and they have cheaper ones then that. Then just use the telcel calling cards, they have them for $10 dollars and up it will save you alot of money in the long run. No contract required and you even get a phone #. I have had the same phone # since 2003 and 8 soon to be 9 trips later. Telcel agents are all over cancun and you can get the calling cards at most drug stores

5. royale

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thats what I was thinking of! I took a trip to hong kong and they actually had a sim card I can purchase and I just put it in my phone to use it since its unlocked.
    Do they have tel-cel sim cards that I can use in my phone? Or I have to buy their phones only?
    Also can I call back to the United States using a tel-cel phone?

6. KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes if your phone is unlocked u can just get the sim card alone

7. royale

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh sweet.. I have no problems bringin an unlocked cell phone :) Im sure they sell them all over..

8. KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah u should be good if u find an unlocked cellphone. I had an old school side kick 2, i tried to put my mexican sim in, but it was asking me for a password. I wish i knew how to unlock them. I tried everything

9. royale

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are guides for like any type of cell phone to unlock out there. I just googled for my LG CU500 and found all kinds of instructions.

10. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    neh im leavin mine home

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice