Cell Phones At Bash

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Tom and Candy, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    An attempt to add a funny first hand experience and not to fan the flames but here goes...

Our first trip in 2010. Hours after going topless for the first time. The Mrs is lying in her lounge chair and a guy sits in front of us on the edge of the sexy pool with feet dangling in the pool. In his hands he has a camera with a f’ing lense that shoots out like a foot. This thing was huge. Must of been over compensating for something. But anyway I am looking at this guy as he sits there with camera in his lap looking around like he is just enjoying the nice day. I look elsewhere for a minute and then I hear the clicking and turn and he has turned around our way and is snapping away taking pictures of the Mrs. Before I could even react he hops up and takes off. Lucky for him I never saw him again. Maybe lucky for me too as I was way less chill back then as I am now. Not a good first experience. Thankfully in 10+ trips since this has never happened again. But yeah after an experience like that it kind of makes us side on the side of no cameras but on the other hand we would not have pics like this...

A tough dilemma for sure.

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 5

“Don’t let your actions negatively affect the fun of other people.”
    Think about what you’re saying, that’s pretty much what you’re doing by not wanting people to do something. You’re restricting them from what they want to do based on your personal preference/comfort level. Taking pictures with their partner and friends is part of the fun for some people. I don’t think that just because you don’t understand it or share the same view, anyone should just want it taken away. I can definitely see both sides of this, and I’m also really against someone deliberately taking photos of others without consent. I just don’t get the feeling that someone’s fun is taken away based on how I feel about something. I just will talk to them about it and 9 times out of 10 people will understand.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Steve & Kay

Steve & Kay Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,930 / 1

4. Steve & Kay

Steve & Kay Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,930 / 1
    Somehow my whole response to your post got put in with your picture? Sorry about that.
    Steve-

5. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 5
    I think everyone is against some creeper intentionally taking pictures of other people. Those kinds of people shouldn’t only have the camera taken away but should be told to find another hotel.

6. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,831 / 3
    We have taken pictures by the beach, but never by the sexy pool. With beach pics we are always near the waters edge and shooting towards the water. This a better shot anyway because the late afternoon sun is a warmer, less harsh light, and the late afternoon sun behind you really helps cut out shadows. We have taken a few at night by the pool when dressed for dinner, but the pool is closed then and the colors really create some beautiful shots. During the day I really don't want to see my phone or camera. We're too busy having fun. We've seen a few pics (creepers basically) sneak some pics of Stephie and a friend or two, but alerting security takes care of the problem. They've made guys erase them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. JBW

JBW Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +275 / 4
    I don't think it's fair to have a no camera policy! A few bad apples shouldn't ruin it for all...I think it comes down to more of a personality thing and a level of respect for others privacy. Some have it, some don't. While i agree with you @Matt and Lisa to an extent that catching someone in the act and calling them out may stop that person for that moment, i feel like some people go to these resorts exactly with that agenda of getting these pictures so they can enjoy for their own personal collection and/or share with friends to show them. While my wife and i have never been to TTR, i think we can all agree, this isn't an atmosphere where people necessarily are ok with just being in other peoples random pictures. That being said, we all want to grab some photos of our vacation with our spouse/friends so we can look back and laugh at, so i feel like cameras should not be banned, you just need to think about others when photographing in a somewhat questionable area, like the sexy pool or bash and just make sure whoever gets in that picture is on board with it. I feel like most people who go to these places, really wouldn't make a big deal about you getting some good shots. It's that random creepy person who shows up out of nowhere and make it really obvious that he's there to snap photos of people instead of actually being there to enjoy the resort for what it is.

8. FreezingCold

FreezingCold Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +369 / 0
    For some people it’s not about personal preference, but the simple fact that if photos or video surface into the wrong hands (public) they’d lose their jobs immediately.

If I see a creeper snapping pictures I’ll call him right out, or I’ll get my phone out and start recording him. Tell him he’s going to be the newest star at creepersonly.com

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. McAwesome

McAwesome Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +361 / 0
    I have to side with @mexico24 on this one. Yes, taking pictures is fun, hell, I’m a photographer and love taking pictures! (especially nudes) But, unfortunately, we live in a different world than we did before. We live in a “ me” world that wants to let everyone do whatever makes them happy, somehow forgetting to think of how it may affect others. (Even unintentionally).

In this particular situation, there are rules for good reason. It doesn’t matter if one says they are being “careful” when taking a picture at the pool of just their group... how does anyone know that? How does anyone know that they are making sure not to have any random chicks bare breasts in the shot ( while they are most likely under the influence of a few drinks)? Mistakes happen. Even to the careful. Phones also have 2 cameras....how do we know that they are using the front camera to take a selfie, and not actually taking a pic of a girls breasts with the back camera?

If girls are topless, and phones come out in an area they are not supposed to be, it will affect the mood, enjoyment and freedom for some/many of them (me included)....because we don’t KNOW that the picture doesn’t include our bare breasts and that it won’t end up on the internet (on purpose or by accident). There are too many variables and untrustworthy people. Rules and laws were not made for the honest folks.

This isn’t like it was years ago... when cameras had film to be developed, and if someone was mistakenly in the background of a shot, it ended up in a strangers photo album, to be seen by a handful of their friends/ family..... Now, in current times, those accidental pics are uploaded onto the internet and social media with one tap on the screen. Add to that, facial recognition on these platforms, and its a totally different story....some peoples lives can actually be changed by the wrong picture on social media.

We are all adults...many of us going out of country to have a vacation where we can let go and feel free. Why should anyone give up that feeling, because someone can’t stick to the rules?

Temptations has rules for a reason. And we should all, as honest, trustworthy, respectful, mature adults abide by them, and help enforce the non-mature, non trustworthy to do the same. You can take as many pictures as you want, in the designated areas, as the TTR rules state - just NOT around the sexy pool and NOT at the theme nights. They list no exception for “careful” people. It is what it is. And mature adults abide by the rules, even when we don’t like them.

Temptations photo policy:
    “Keeping the identity of our guests’ private is extremely important to us, due to the unique concept of our resort. For this reason, we ask that you refrain from taking photos/video around the sexy pool, as well as stipulated theme nights, due to spicy content. Feel free to enjoy doing so in all other areas of our spectacular resort. Be sure and capture your favorite Temptation Cancun Resort moments at designated photo hotspots around the property.”

Ok, off my soap box. And I’ll happily take anyone’s naked/ sensual/erotic photos for them (in the privacy of their room, or other designated photo spot). ;)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  10. muskyfins

muskyfins Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +250 / 1
    I think there's also some differentiation between phone and camera. My phone goes with me a lot of places. Yes it has a camera, but most of all it is a communication device. Call it a working vacation if you must but we no longer live in a world where everyone can be off the grid for 7 days. After all that's how I pay to be here in the first place. Many things can wait, but a few workers standing around waiting for information gets real expensive.

But I would think just about anyone could tell the difference between responding to emails and taking a creeper pic.

Additionally, we take some photos on vacation. Look at my avatar taken last year. Any foul? I'd say no. It's called discretion. And maturity. BTW, I've also got some picture of boats, fountains, birds, lizards, coati, and even my food. And a few with some new friends and old friends.

The all or nothing attitude is akin to saying because some people drink and drive, we should outlaw drinking. It doesn't work. It's forcing one person's personal preference/comfort level on everyone else. It's almost as immature as the offender in the first place.

I think the structure as is can work as long as it's enforced. First offense maybe a warning or something. (everyone is entitled to an honest mistake). Second offense, no admittance to Bash for 3 days or something similar. Third offense, find a new hotel.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice