Cell Phones At Bash

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Tom and Candy, Feb 16, 2019.

1. JBW

JBW Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +275 / 4
    It's clearly posted on their site, so just confused as to why it's something they wouldn't really enforce. Either way, it's one of those things you can't really control and Temptation really needs to be the one to enforce it properly. Unless of course someone is right up in my wife's face snapping, then we got issues! Bottom line is, we wont allow some creepy paparazzi person to ruin our vacation. Wifey and i are super chilled and down to earth and that is exactly the vibe we will come with and leave with :)

Attached Files:

• TEMP.jpg
      TEMP.jpg
      File size:
      163.2 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. cnparda

cnparda Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,247 / 1
    Over New Years security was all over picture taking, but the real problem was the people taking videos.

3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Apparently, Desire didn't end up liking it as they stopped doing it.

I understood why they started it, sure. They were doing it when we went to Pearl in August, 2017. When we went to DRM in Feb. of 2018 they weren't doing it any more, and the member concierge lady told us it was OK to take pictures now, except in the jacuzzi area when other people were there.

We've not been back to either DRM or TTR since this past Oct.-Nov. trip, but pic taking was allowed openly, both places.

Something interesting though. The DRM crowd is way more... mature (not old, I literally mean mature) about how they approach things at vacation. As a general rule, much more comfortable in their own skin, in being naked and being around people who are also naked, and the things that cause the regular TTR crowd to get all worked up in either a good or bad way, don't cause them to react. It's interesting.

Phrases like this get said at TTR a Lot, and hardly ever at DRM: "Wow! Look at that!"

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. TimAndBrenda

TimAndBrenda Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 1
    We couldn't agree more. We still return to TTR to joins friends, However we MUCH prefer the "environment" at DRM.

5. shinerfrog

shinerfrog Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +236 / 0
    As of 1/31/19, DRM was issuing stickers to put over your phone camera lens. While it does help I guess, the funny thing is they come off as easy as they go on.
    Our June group at TTR is really large, and we do take a lot of pictures, but we are all aware of who is in the shot, and we make sure it is "our group". If there are others they are alerted, and either 1) consent to be in the background, 2) move out of the shot, or 3) request we move the shot away from them. Never any hard feelings from anyone. It all boils down to common courtesy really, unfortunately something that is becoming rare.

SF

6. unicornhunter

unicornhunter Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 1
    We always ask security and staff to take our pics for us...and it's always easy to find a decent background with no one else in the background. If we take pics of each other, we go where no is around...also very easy. Group selfies we just make sure no one else's body parts or faces are in the pics. If everyone just respected the rule of not taking pics or videos of anyone random or in the background, there would be no problems, but of course there will always be people who ruin it for others. Temptation is not a nude swingers resort like Desire so thinking that they will ever ban cameras or pictures all together is ridiculous. All we can do is tell the offenders and or security when we see someone taking a video or photo of crowds or other people. It's obvious when people are taking a respectful photo versus a non consenting one. We agree that it all comes down to common sense and awareness and respect for others.

7. bamoore

bamoore Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 1
    I admit. Took a crowdshot trying to capture the overall feeling with fireworks in the background after the clock hit midnight. Too good of a party to not have some momentos

8. chrsun

chrsun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +256 / 0
    unfortunately seems to start getting more and more bad experiences. And when it comes from the regular guests, it starts to get bad

9. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 5
    So many strong opinions on this topic. It seems like there are a few at the resort that just do what they want and don’t respect those around. Why not, instead of ruining everyone’s fun we just call out the people that aren’t respecting others privacy? There are people that are going to want to take pictures of themselves or group to share the crazy amount of fun they are having and to look back at those pictures later as great memories and motivation to go back! I’ve always been of the mindset that there are always compromises to be made and even if the easiest road to take is to just make a hard line and say no to any form because a few assholes aren’t respecting people, why ruin the experience of many others because of them? Security can’t do all the enforcement because it would be impossible to catch everything. It’s just easiest if you see it to say something to them, politely. Usually if someone is called out publicly by another guest they will be more mindful about what they are doing.

I really do believe that most people there have the best intentions and when they do something dumb it’s probably because they were caught up in the moment and didn’t think to look around them. A friendly chat and I’m betting the pictures stop. The last thing I want to do is ruin someone else’s fun because I simply don’t like something they are doing and if they happen to be taking pictures of themselves and we are in the background, I have no issue telling them from across the pool to go to another spot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    This is the same topic over and over. “The rules apply to everyone but me because I am careful”. K was topless a few times on our last trip but some “June junkies” (one in particular) ruined that by always having his camera at the sexy pool or bash. She was going to wear some lingerie at bash but the cameras about took that out of the equation.

Just remember, if you have a camera out, there are many women who immediately feel invaded and their trip is being ruined.

Follow the rules. No cameras/photography allowed. You might feel like you’re being careful but there have been many postings on social media where some lady in the background has her breasts on display.

Don’t let your actions negatively affect the fun of other people.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice