Cell Phones At Bash

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Tom and Candy, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    Matt and Mercedes said no one showed up! I had to take a little siesta that lasted too long. Went hard that morning.

We did hibachi but I was a little to tired from the pool. I literally could not stay awake!!

I'd post a picture of myself at the wheel but it's a little NSFW haha

2. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Interesting.
    There were about 20 of us at Score at about 8:15-9:45ish as I had written as the plan.
    I also took the bottles to Bash and had one of the Cabanas as I had also written as the plan.
    Was not sure about getting the cabana until we actually got to Bash and there was one available.
    I don’t think I ever met Matt and Mercedes either!
    But that is the way of TTR.
    Maybe next time.

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Ahhh it's ok. Maybe it will help me get elected. If things surfaced from my college days, I guarantee you won't hear one complaint.

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Yes, again look up as you walk around, little black domes are out there.. :) How do you think Security knows to show up just as things are getting interesting. :)

Jamie

5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Man if I was a hacker I wouldn't be worried about the Democratic committee / Hillary Clinton emails. I would be hacking into the TTR security system and watching the fun :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    Things like this floating around from your past, latly it seems almost a guarantee you will get voted into office.:rolleyes:

T

7. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +923 / 1
    You'd be surprised! Might not screw up a whole carrer but will surely fuck up a promotion or a new job. Employers nowadays do their homeworks so not to get caught in controvercy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    We have the first week of April booked for next year. I have a coworker who I have convinced to come along with her fiance.

I must have just missed you guys. There was a camera crew in score interviewing a bartender when we got there. He made a liquid marijuana drink for them. We ordered one and were NOT impressed Haha I felt like it just gave me a sugar rush and a green tongue with no buzz hahahah

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    That's right. And... if they don't agree with us after being educated we can knock their phones out of their hands, smack 'em across the back of the head and if they'd don't like that we can beat 'em into submission!

Cool!

(Y'all can tell I'm playing the part of the New Yawkas down in Cancun for their fancy trip they paid for, right... Sarcasm detectors should be blowing up all over the internet.)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Sort of...

It's been a minute since Advanced Torts and Intellectual property classes, but the act of taking someone else's picture, in and of itself is usually (barring some statute in a jurisdiction saying otherwise) is not actionable, as long the photo was taken: A) in a public place; or B) if taken in a private place, if the person taking the picture was an invitee to that place (i.e. not trespassing, as in a "Peeping Tom").

Then, the next question is about "use" of the photo. People have the rights to their own "likeness" being used, so you can't use someone else's picture "for profit" without them getting that profit (or at least a share of it, as in pro models).

And I thik the last inquiry is what most TTR folks would be worried about, a tort claim called "Public Disclosure of Private Facts." That's what we call it here in Texas, it's got similar names in other jurisdictions. If you took a pic of someone who thought they were ina private setting and then you show it to the world, you are displaying to the "public" something they considered "private," e.g. Kyle's pic story told above. Problem with it is.... is Bash actually "Private?" I'd say no, it's not. Some folks would say Yes, it is. I've no idea who'd win that one... even if TTR hadn't come out and rendered the entire debate moot by saying that pics are OK. People should still be respectful of others though... but... people are people and you know how that goes.

This help at all?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice