Cell Phones At Bash

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Tom and Candy, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Crystal

Crystal Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 1
    This actually happened to a friend of mine, one of the guys from the new crew had a photo of her from TTR 2 years previous (that she had no idea he had, didn't even met him when there). Being the jackass that he was, printed them out and hung them in the staff room, boss LOST HIS MIND!!!! Her and the jackass were let go.

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    No... for years we referred to the party there like a college frat party but the last time I did on here people came back with ewwww that has sort of a rapey feel to it. :(

Jamie

3. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Everyone is worried about getting caught in the background of a picture taken around the pool and at Bash and wanting to ban phones from there.. that's all well and good but....... again, through years of experience.... have you ever looked up?

I've seen some pretty impressive telephoto lens being used on balconies before... sure we've called them out when we've seen them, but I'm not spending my night searching the balconies for cameras either...

Point is if you step outside your room you never know when you might be photographed.

Jamie

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I think we can all agree that this would rate a beat down..... this is above and beyond being a jerk.

Jamie

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Agree Jamie.
    Yes in fact we under surveillance almost constantly now in buildings and public streets in one form or another.
    Same at TTR!
    It is the times and World we live in, that is all.

6. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Oh forgot...it is popcorn time one again.
    I accept responsibility for helping fuel the fire:D

7. Neverfales

Neverfales Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +580 / 1
    In this day and age, trying to ban cell phones (and their cameras) is like trying to keep the water out of a hole you're digging on the beach. Most people simply don't go anywhere without them anymore. You can throw a fit about that and let it ruin your hard-earned vacation, or you can focus on the stuff you can actually control:
    1. Keep others out of your own pictures
    2. Take your pictures off to the side of the group events
    3. Relax and rest assured that most people there are focused on their own lives, not yours (remember the TTR motto)
    4. Save your anger for only the really blatant offenders who truly are focusing their cameras on you and yours--then be assertive with them. I'll point out that I've yet to see anyone do this to me, my wife, or others I'm with.

It seems to me that TTR can help solve this problem by providing some designated photo areas around the resort--areas that are well-lit, scenic, convenient, and turned slightly away from the "action." At Bash, they could even provide a professional light to make the photo area better. Let's face it: many of us put a lot of time, money and effort into readying ourselves and wardrobes for TTR and we want pictures to remember it by. Simply banning cell phones or getting upset at people who break the rules isn't going to change that.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. teamDMFP

teamDMFP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 1
    Just wondering - does TTR have security cameras as well? Nothing that would prevent an unscrupulous employee from using that content and posting it on the web...

9. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    You saw that? Where was it? Need to get that pulled before my senate race.

10. teamDMFP

teamDMFP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 1
    Too late - I've saved it to a locked permanent vault and am arranging to have multiple copies printed and published...of course that is unless you have lots of $$$$$

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice