cell phone numbers will be made public to telemarketing firm

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Jamie, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Starting Jan 1, 2005, all cell phone numbers will be made public to telemarketing firms. So this means as of Jan 1, your cell phone may start ringing off the hook with telemarketers, but unlike your home phone, most of you pay for your incoming calls. These telemarketers will eat up your free minutes and end up costing you money in the long run.

According to the National Do Not Call List, you have until Dec. 15th 2004 to get on the national "Do not call list" for cell phones. They said that you need to call 1-888-382-1222 from the cell phone that you wish to have put on the "do not call list" to be put on the list. They also said you can do it online at National Do Not Call Registry <https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx> .
    www.donotcall.gov

Registering only takes a minute, is in effect for 5 years and will possibly save you money (definitely frustration)! Make sure you register now!

Jamie

2. shoreladie

shoreladie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That Sucks Jamie :p

3. johnc

johnc Administrator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Thanks for the info Jamie, I was unaware of this!
    I just tried to access the website, it currently has a problem, so I registered via the phone number.Took 2 mins.The last thing I want is those $&#(ers calling my cellphone.

4. susieq76

susieq76 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just registered on line- Thanks Jamie.

5. Carole

Carole I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Thanks for the reminder Jamie,

I just spead the word around my office.

Carole

6. Ben Gaz

Ben Gaz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does this include Canadians?

7. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    The no call list is a US thing. As to providing the cell numbers to telemarketers, that too would be a US thing referred to here. Might want to check with the Canadian version of the Federal Communication Commission for their rules and regs.

In other words, :D , I don't know......

Jamie

8. LeahN47

LeahN47 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WHy o why must they do this.... I mean really its going to just piss me off, I dont have a home phone for this reason, can I get no privacy?? I am going to get on the list but still, Leave me ALONE!!!

Leah

9. DavidJr

DavidJr Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im just not gonna answer the phone unless it shows up a friends name that I know, or a # i know. And register......and then get a call when wasted and go off on them! lol

10. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Jamie, I went to the web sote and registered both my home and cell number, took about 45 seconds, from start to printout.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice