Catholic wedding in Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by andrewjohnporter, Nov 5, 2015.

1. andrewjohnporter

andrewjohnporter Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

My fiance and I are looking to get married in Cancun. A must is a Catholic chapel and so we were trying to find out which Hotels have chapels onsite as a wedding package is an option?

Additionally we were wondering what nice Catholic chapels there were, not part of hotels, which we could look at in case the hotels with chapels didn't suit our needs?

My fiance would prefer a chapel overlooking the sea and to be more private than some beach type weddings we have been to where all the other tourists are watching you get married.

Any help from the Cancun community would be great.

Thanks,

Andrew

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    First, a reply to one of your actual questions, a Catholic Church on the sea, facing Isla Mujeres, which conducts its masses under a palapa. This church is not in the Hotel Zone. https://www.google.com.mx/maps/plac...1s0x0000000000000000:0x4d12ae057911d18c?hl=en

Is it your intention to actually marry in the church/chapel of your choice with a priest officiating in a wedding mass? I think you'll need to consult with him to find out his requirements ahead of time, perhaps on a separate visit, so you aren't disappointed. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know but a priest may have questions about church membership, former marriages, and how you intend to raise your children, with some taking a harder line than others.

If you married in Mexico, in the Catholic Church, the Mexican Government will not recognize the marriage: you'd have to do it over again in a civil ceremony, before a Mexican judge, the only kind of marriage recognized here.

If you marry in the Church, here, have you investigated what you would need to do to get the marriage officially recognized back home, if you didn't marry before a judge here?

3. andrewjohnporter

andrewjohnporter Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the reply. We are all good on the actual wedding knowledge front and the requirements and know we will need to speak with the priest of the church we chose, etc.

Just looking for information on nice chapels and nice all-inclusive resorts in the Quintana Roo/Yucatan region. We are looking at Gran Caribe Cancun but it may be too expensive to ask our guests to pay. I think Riviera Maya might be cheaper than Cancun but maybe less interesting?

4. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    In general most resorts thru the Riviera Maya area are more expensive than those in the Cancun HZ....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice