Carolinas

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by jrose52, Jun 11, 2008.

1. mikebren

mikebren Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We live in eastern NC 3 Days & a wake up call!!!!!!!

WE will be there 15 - 21 ( NC STATE FOLKS HERE )

2. jrose52

jrose52 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow.. amazing the response you get especially the rivalry between Clemson and USC. I didnt go to either, I went to Winthrop in Rock Hill.

tboyte.... you guys arent very far from us at all. There is a great little bar on Carowinds called the Flamingo...you should check it out. We go there occaisionally.

3. tboyte

tboyte Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    A bar??? I am sooooo there!! :lol: Maybe we can meet up there sometime.

4. tboyte

tboyte Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0

It just kills me, seems like every couple of days you're hearing of another player in trouble with law!!! The new QB (Jeff Garcia) has been in trouble 3 or 4 times already and they just keep letting him remain on the team.

5. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Perhaps it's an individual thing, but back when I played hoops there, the university was pretty strict about what you could & could not do in order to keep your scholarship.

Granted, that was immediatly after Pam Parson's got the boot, but we had to do sooooo much EXTRA stuff outside of just playing hoops that there really wasn't much time to get into any trouble.

I can recall going home some weekends just to get some down time and not have to babysit recruits all weekend long, or do radio interviews/shows, or charity events,etc....During the season, that was the ONLY way to get some free time to myself.

I really wish that they would clamp down on those who do nothing but continue to tarnish the reputation of their schools, whether it be at USC or any other college.

Michelle

6. Krager

Krager Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    As an FYI for others near Charlotte, found a good deal with non-stop flights from Sun Dec 7th to Sat Dec 13th on FunJet. Though after reading through this forum, I'm already wishing we had booked longer trip.

7. gardy121

gardy121 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are in Charlotte also, although we just sold our house and are moving about 10 minutes south into SC. We'll have to see about hooking up at Flamingos, or somewhere else close by- it would definitely be great to meet new friends to hang out with. Where is Flamingos? We used to go to Coaches a lot in Pineville before it got turned into a dinner theater.

BTW- our house sold in 1 day on the market!!! We waited until after our Cancun trip to really get it ready and still had a lot of stuff we were going to do to it, not expecting it to go so fast. We're still in shock.

8. jrose52

jrose52 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    carolina

So you guys must be moving to Ft Mill! We actually live in Rock Hill, SC but its easier for people relate when I say Charlotte. Flamingos is on Carowinds on the left just past the Carowinds entrance. Better yet in the other direction is Carmela's. Its a better bar that has great food. and HUGE flat screens for sports etc. much nicer than Flamingos. Its by Regent Park in the shopping center on the left. email me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice