Caribbean Princess *** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Leeann

Leeann Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi

just booked 2 stay here 2nd July 2006!! with 5 other's. just wondering if anybody has any information on the hotel, good place 2 go also any pics wud be great aswell!!

thanks xx

2. Sambo

Sambo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi four of us guys (aged 25 - 30) are staying here 13th March. Whats the age range of most at this hotel?

3. d2k

d2k Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    2 of us stayin here 6th march!! reviews please people

4. Dar

Dar Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fabulous Vacation!!

Our family of four stayed at the Princess over Christmas!
    What a party!!!
    The place was absolutely great! The rooms were clean (all done in marble!) and nicely appointed, the staff friendly and courteous, the food was plentiful- delicious- with lots of variety and the drinks never ending! Can you say vino tinto?

The entertainment staff, (Hiya Nemo!!) did a great job of keeping us all up and going with music, games, outings, activities, and of course, bar-hopping. We were especially impressed with the wonderful banquet and stage show on Christmas Eve!

There are 2 ATMs nearby, as well as convenience stores, a Mexican flea market, and departure points for tours and excursions. The busses run about every 2 or 3 minutes. It's about an 8 minute ride to downtown Cancun, and a 15 minute ride to the entertainment zone. (Don't bother with cabs- the busses are cheaper and probably faster, too)
    The Princess arranges bar excursions every night, and the transportation to the club or bar is included in the Open-Bar ticket price. They also provide transport to and from the beaches and shopping malls daily. It is a short walk across the main street to the beach, and there is also a dock on the beach where excursions leave from.

About 3 blocks away is the Embarcadero where one can catch the ferry to Isla Mujeres, a small island off the coast. You can rent a golf cart and tour the island- snorkeling is superb there, and the beaches beautiful.

We would definitely stay at the Caribbean Princess again. It has true Mexican style and hospitality! We much preferred it to the canned same-same decor and atmosphere of the larger American-style hotels that you see in every resort around the world.

5. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Fabulous Vacation!!

Definitely go to Isla.
    Definitely do NOT take the ferry from Embarcadero.
    It's way slow and it's way expensive. ($15 1-way, $25 RT) and takes FOREVER to get to the island. Way bad idea in water with any kind of chop to it.

Take the R1 bus that has the words Puerto Juarez painted on the windshield to the last stop or second last stop (there's a different ferry that goes to Isla at each). You'll be tempted to get off at the second last stop which is the GRAN Puerto Juarez ferry - but if you see any kind of line there, go one more stop to the next one. (You can always come back)

6. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good hotel clean, good entertainment the maker for this hotel is the staff they are the friendliest bunch and always looking out to help you. i went last year and am returning this year. there are better hotels but this is much cheaper than most we got quoted today upgrade to oasis cancun 550

7. d2k

d2k Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We stayed here in march.

Nice hotel, nice staff. The main problems for us is that its quite far out.
    The food aint bad but it aint great either.
    The hotel has a very friendly atmothspehre i would say stay here but not if your looking for a non stop party.

8. Joe Giblet

Joe Giblet Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    8 british lads(18-19yrs) goin here on march 14th for two weeks!!!we've heard the stories so we had to go!!!

Reviews seem pretty good so far i was just wondering if we have to book early for quad biking and snorkelling etc

cheers joe

9. budgy

budgy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    me and a pal are coming here 10-17 March , if anyone has tips on what number bus to get to the party center, which restaurants are nice in the area.., which excursions are cheapest around the hotel location etc. Cheers pals.

10. budgy

budgy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok this forum has provided me with a lot of useful information, so I only think its right I contribute and offer my thoughts.

Like stated, me and my pals stayed here during springbreak 2009. If you want a simple hotel, away from the party zone with a mainly british crowd, then this is the place for you.

In the time we were there, the hotel wasnt even full, hardly any girls around, and its mostly full of a english lads mucking around most of the day around the pool. The chaps at this hotel play music really loud during the day and thats their entertainment. Unfortunatly for us, our room was right next to their music booth.

The pool aint great. They have a gym, but its something from the 60s, very poor. The hotel itself is located lagoon side, they have a bus that takes you to the beach club, which is near cocobongo at 10 every morning. So again if you want to step out onto the beach first thing in the morning, be mindful of this.

Personally I didnt find the food of great variety, mostly rice, not enough variety for my liking, but it wasnt too bad.

Transport wise its pretty easy to get around, the buses operate from the main street towards the party zone which is around 10-15 mins away.

Looking back I would have booked a hotel closer to the party zone, which had a better balance of chicks to guys, a hotel with a better atmosphere.

Id get this place 5/10

Budgy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice