Card With The Best Travel Rewards

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jessica, Apr 25, 2019.

1. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    My head now hurts!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. bamoore

bamoore Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 1
    I like my Amex. Can forward a link to all of their current offers if you're leaning that way. Some look pretty good.
    Plus, if you get one of their cards through my link, I get bonus miles leading to more free flights to TTR :)

3. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,746 / 3
    Amex perks are awesome but you have to pay for the card. If you take advantage of all they have to offer they add up to make up the difference plus you need to be aggressive with the perks and in a position where your spending a bit. Its not for everyone but defiantly look into their different cards. Our platinum card give up 200 in uber rides a year that alone is about 1/3 of the yearly fee.

4. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    The card I told you about has no annual fee, and has just as good of perks as what I’ve seen most people post here. I done a lot of research before switching cards. The only thing I’ve seen on perks that others have posted that it doesn’t have is the sky lounge, or whatever it’s called, at the airport.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Jason & Shelly

Jason & Shelly Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +598 / 1
    I'm big on rewards credit cards. Every time we fly we fly free with rewards points. I actually have a few that I rotate between and use for whatever offers the highest amount of points for whatever category I'm spending money on (eating out, grocery stores, travel, gas, etc) and pay all my monthly bills with them to maximize points. It's a little extra work, but once you get the hang of it you can easily justify it every time you fly for free somewhere.:)

Watch for the best sign up bonuses and apply for them at the right time to maximize that initial reward.

If you are just starting in the world of reward credit cards, I would suggest either the Chase Sapphire Preferred ($95 annual fee, waived the first year and watch for sign up bonuses of 60,000 or more) or the Capital One Venture (same annual fee, waived the first year, sign up bonuses as high as 75,000). Both offer good points that are valuable if used right and both are good starter reward cards.

If you always fly the same airline it can be worth getting a reward card for that airline...the only problem is you are stuck with the miles on that airline (you can sometimes transfer them, but they are worth less when you do). The good thing about the two I mentioned above is you can (with the Chase card) transfer those points to several different airlines, hotels, etc. and with the Venture card you can do purchase eraser (buy flights with that card, for example, then "erase" that purchase with points). Both of those methods allow you to transfer your points one to one. If you book travel through Chase's portal with the Sapphire card points are worth 25% more which can be a big benefit.

I'm a nerd about this stuff...sorry for the long post. You can DM me if you have more questions. :) And if you want to apply for something let me know and I'll send you a link ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    This is Sam. It really depends on a lot of variables like how much you travel, if you use or want to use an airline club, etc. I have found that the best source of info on the matter is the web site thepointsguy.com

He does a good job of matching your situation with the best card.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice