Car Vandalizing, Things Stolen....Am I the only one???

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Elizabeth, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't tell you how many times my car has been broken into, stereo stolen, windows broken, tires slashed, hubcaps stolen, running boards stolen.

And it doesn't end there.

This afternoon when I went to my car for lunch it wasn't in the same place. It was in the middle of the street, not parked by the curb like it was and someone kicked in the door....TWICE.

They not only were pissed off enough to kick my door in twice, but just pissed off enough to get in my car somehow, release the break, MOVE MY CAR INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET. Get back into my car and pull the break up so tight I could barely release it.

This is all in broad daylight of course with construction workers doing work RIGHT NEXT TO my car, with offices and houses all within the area and my car alarm going off so that deaf ears could perk up.

There were some construction guys on the curb and they didn't ask if I was ok, if I needed anything, or tell me they saw anything. They were less than helpful and the information they gave was useless. Apparently the owner of a car parked behind mine came out, got pissed, smashed up my car and took off. I didn't do anything wrong, I did not block them in. Everything was ok. So I thought!

The construction workers failed to take a license plate number, description, NOTHING. Too bad for me I guess right? They just didn't care and didn't care to be involved. They literally went straight back to their conversation while I was asking them questions.

And the thing I love the most is all the recourse I have. Because there is none. Call the cops? Very funny. No license, no witnesses no nothing....no point.

If my car could talk.

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    :evil:
    Lemme at 'em
    :evil:

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Holy crap girl, you've had too much bad news with that car! You need some good "carma", haha.

You're scaring me as we are about to purchase an automobile, gulp.

4. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OMG Liz! It seems like someone has it in for your car. What about selling it and getting another one, one without a curse on it?

My car hasn't been vandalized at all here, my only problem is that people in Soriana parking lot keep clipping it. I hate that lot!

6. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Me, too! :evil:

So sorry to hear about your bad luck ...

what's wrong with people?!?!?!?

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe it was muscle boy.

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Sorry to hear that Liz, must admit we havent had any problems with vandalism or break ins. Just those that use the door panels as bumpers when parking.

9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know of people who have had various things happen to their vehicle. Spray painting on it, keying it, smashing dents in the body, people driving off with their bumper, stealing stereos or hub caps/rims, drawing on windows with crayon.

I know it happens it just seems more frequent within the last 2 years. And more frequent with my car. LOL. The good thing is, repairs are cheap, fast and easy. You'd think that BMW's would be the target, but with the popularity of cars like Chevy's, I guess it's easy to nab stuff and sell it off.

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There was some study done that showed that if you parked a more expensive car and a cheaper car on the same bad street that the cheaper one was more likely to be vandalized (I'll see if I can find where I read it). Maybe you should buy a BMW?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice