Car rental

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by dpilot83, Nov 22, 2008.

1. dpilot83

dpilot83 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm looking to get a rental car for my stay in Cancun (afternoon Jan 5th arrival to morning Jan 11th departure). We may spend several days going to see various ruins and want to drive to beat the crowds. That combined with the convenience of not having to arrange airport transportation is the reason for getting a car.

I'm going to book a combination flight/hotel/rental car through travelocity (unless someone suggests that's a bad idea) in the next couple of days. If I add a rental car to the flight/hotel package from travelocity, I get the car for a little over $40 per day through Hertz. It doesn't specify whether there is insurance included or not so I would assume no. Is this a bad deal? Should I wait to get there for the rental car part and rent a car from elsewhere? Thanks.

2. dpilot83

dpilot83 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I booked the trip, but I did not include a car in the trip. I have scheduled an Entertainment Plus pickup at the airport to take us to the hotel as well as take us back to the airport the last day.

I am still planning on renting a car for probably two days. One day for Tulum and another day for Chichen Itza. I'm planning on Easyway so far because they seem to be pretty competitively priced and will bring the car to the hotel for you.

Currently I'm planning on doing the tours on the 9th and 10th. In this way while I'm riding the bus earlier in the vacation I'll be able to observe traffic practices to prepare myself for the driving experience. I'm also hoping that someone will be able to provide me with some resources so that I can read about driving rules in Mexico.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

3. vidjoe

vidjoe Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Seat Belt

Make sure you wear your seat belts as you go south threw the check points. I got stopped (Rental Car) and had to pay a so called ticket. No Ticket just Paid, Its hard to argue with a guy with an UZI Machine Gun. He showed me the rules of the road book in spanish (can't read spanish) and said he was going to give me a ticket and take my licence's down town. I said my flight was leaving the next morning at 7:00. So gave him $50.00 and he put in his pocket. Easy come easy go! Have Fun

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice