Car rental in cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by icedtee, Aug 28, 2007.

1. icedtee

icedtee Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm looking to rent a car to visit Chiechen Itza for the day and anywhere that may need a car. ..is this advisable? Is there anything I should look out for when renting a car? I'm staying in the hotel zone.. will parking be a problem?

Thanks

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Send a PM to TJ...he give you all the ins and outs of renting a car in Cancun.

3. svtcobra242

svtcobra242 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I dont really recomend renting a car. Buses are cheap and very easy to use. Plus they come by every two to five minutes.

4. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Within Cancun, a car would be more of a hassle than a help most of the time. Busses are plentiful and cheap, and just about everything you would want or need is within reach of them.

For venturing out of Cancun, a car could be helpful. It gives you flexibility that being on an organized tour does not. Some people find driving down there difficult and stressful. I guess it depends on what you are used to at home. I found it to be very manageable and fast paced.

5. icedtee

icedtee Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thx for all the replies

I was hoping to take it out to chiechen itza and to check out some of the toher ruins and small towns nearby. Just a one day rental not to be used in cancun itself. I just worry about the driving conditions (ie. risk crazy drivers, road hazards etc.)

6. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The toll highway from Cancun to Chichen Itza is fine for driving and well maintained.

Which other ruins are you thinking of visiting? I just ask because Chichen Itza in itself would be just about a whole day adventure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice