car rental Easyway vs National

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by 12531, Oct 1, 2007.

1. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I am renting a car for a day to drive to Tulum and Xel-ha. I have narrowed it down to Easyway or National who seem to have the best deals including insurance. Easyway will deliver the car to our hotel National said they would as well but not sure if they will pick it up as well. Anyone have any experiences with either one of these companies in Cancun

2. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have used Easyway and had a good experience. They had the best rates I could find. They do offer the zero deductible also for about $15 extra per day. Its a small amount for a lot of peace of mind.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did you try www.executive.com.mx ? They have an airport location, one in the Hotel Zone and one downtown. I have used them for years before and after having my own cars here and feel good about recommending them.

But if it's only for one day, it is not a huge deal I suppose. But they do NOT deliver to the hotel. If you catch one of their specials it's about $10 per day plus tax and insurance. TODAY'S SPECIAL IS $8.99 FOR A DODGE ATOS. And you have 3 (I think) options for insurance.

Two more things.

Taxes can cost you big time on a longer rental. At the airport their is a 10% concession fee added to the base rent. Then, after insurance that subtotal is taxed again with a 2% licensing fee. Then the next subtotal is subject to a 10% sales tax. If you rent in town or in the Hotel Zone you avoid all but the 10% sales tax.

Finally, you might want to consider going to Playa on your last full day, especially if you don't have prepaid transportation back to the airport. That way, you can drive yourself to the airport for free instead of about a $20 taxi ride.

4. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    The price at executive is about the same as easyway and National. That Atos does look cute though :D I amleaning toward easyway since they will deliver the car. makes my life easier as we want to get an early start.

5. Paul79UF

Paul79UF Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just rented from National in the Poconos of PA. It was a real smooth experience. I'm not sure if the Mexico locations have the Emerald Club express rental aisle but we walked right to the cars, chose any one I wanted in the emerald aisle and drove off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice